• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hello how do you catch large Perch?

Hello Their,,,I live here on the LOW. And can any one tell me how to catch those large perch? Where can I catch them? And what kind of bait do you use? And what kind of rods do you use? Always chased those Walleyes. But i would love to get into some of those large perch too. Thank-You, for your time. Awaiting your replies...

I like 16 mile reef with a Northland buckshot rattle spoon 3/8 oz super glo perch color tipped with a golden shiner. This is ice fishing of course. Medium light rod with 4 pound test. Biggest perch I have ever seen or caught.

I completely agree with toomuchfun except for with the shiner. I would cut it in half to eliminate some of the soft bite misses. Usually I am targeting walleye when a school of perch swim through. The perch seem to push out the walleye as they pass through, and then the walleye return after the perch move on. My two cents.