• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Automotive Gps Units

2dog

Question

I'm looking at purchasing a Gps for my car. Does anyone have any info on the good units and the not so good units? The ones I was looking at was the Lowrance Iway 500c and the Garmin Street pilot 2720. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Same here, I am a traveling salesman that is normaly traveling the wrong way. Anybody like or dislike these units?

I have a friend that is a truck driver and he has the Garmin model, says he loves it except for one of the voices is annoying he said...it's a nice unit

We have been running the Garmin 2610s and 2620 in our trucks for the last 3 years and now I don't know what I would do without them.

Updating maps is simple and hassle free, the unit prompts you every 6 months to update the software which is free from the Garmin website.

I love the availabilty to avoid certian areas when we have our big trailers on, dirt roads, u turns ect.

Our units allow you to enter multiple addresses and then creates a route to hit each one the fastest. We have had three units for 3 years and have had only minor problems. (Calibrations, remote). All in all I am very happy with the Street pilot, I can't even imagine the features the new ones have.