• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Childress and his west coast offense must go

Trainman

Here's a constructive topic that everyone can enjoy.

Run, run, run on 2nd and long, then pass incomplete on 1st and goal at the 3. Have you every seen a more gut wrenching display of terrible offense game planning during todays game against Miami?

Then let's wait until there's 1 second left in the game to score a touchdown and try for an onside kick. Oops...no time left.

Pathetic is all I can say. 4th & goal on the 1 yrd line and you settle for 3pts, common. Chester has been runnung all game and you can't give him the rock for a 1yrd TD?? This coach is as pathetic and conservative as they come and you can't ne like that in the NFL, takes chances.

Does Childress call the plays himself??? If so I want to know who really called the plays in Philly because is obviously wasn't him. And I think Johnson needs to be replaced, hate to say it becasue he is a class act, but he is just getting hammered on back there and making some very poor decisions. How can a team have the #1 rush defense in the league and suck so bad?

Sherrif might pull one off at the dome even.

I am pretty sure Andy Reid called the plays when Chili was still in Philly. It doesn't seem to me that they adjust to the other teams adjustments-- if you get what I mean? In other words they come out well in the beginning with a decent game plan and usually score early on. But then the other team will adjust and start to shut them down. Then Chili doesn't seem to adjust to the adjustments the opposition just made.

In case there were lingering doubts before yesterday...THIS TEAM STINKS! mad.gifmad.gif I swore them off after losing to San Fran, and this news re-doubled my efforts at avoiding the mysery of watching even one more game.

Man, am I glad Childress never got a chance to come to GB. I know McCarthy has his faults, but at this point in the season I'm happier with McCarthy. Looks like MN will be picking ahead of the Packers once again.

Quote:

Man, am I glad Childress never got a chance to come to GB. I know McCarthy has his faults, but at this point in the season I'm happier with McCarthy. Looks like MN will be picking ahead of the Packers once again.

And thats really saying alot... besides it's after 10 games.... 4 weeks ago you wouldn't have said that and in four more weeks you may change your mind again. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin'.

I dont even bother to watch anymore.As a friend and I were riding home from Cabelas yesterday I told him in the fourth quarter I wonder how they will screw this one up.A few plays later it was all over.Thier offense is worse than terrible.

lawdog if you swore off the vikings then why are you posting on this thread?

Childress has done a pretty good job overall. The bottomline is that the players (who get paid alot more than the coach) need to execute the plays. I can't remember a time in minnesota when the fans weren't pissin and moaning about something.

Actually MN ranks in the upper third for plays over 20 yards but I would like to see a little more aggressiveness in the play selection. Let see a few reverses in there and I think I can count on one hand the number of screens tossed this season. Granted the last one thrown went for a TD , the other way. But you have to do more then pound it twice in the line and then try and get a first on a short 3rd down pass that everyone knows is coming. Of course you got to have the horses to pull the wagon and MN does not have that. D is easier to pull together as one player can make an outstanding play and stop a play, On offense it takes several players to click together to make a positive play. I'll keep watching but glad I play fantasy football so I have other teams to pull for. Of course all of us arm chair quarterbacks always have the answers. I just don't think they have come together as a team, very seldom does that happen in a year with as many changes as the Vikes have gone through this year. But like all fans we want to see our team win now.. not next year.

execution, execution, execution (not execute the coach)....any offense looks bad if the players don't execute it the way it was designed.....to much time spent on the defense in the off season and not enough on the offense......give childress a break...how many great coaches had horrible first seasons....Jimmy Johnson...tuna....billick....ect ect. fair weather fans can all move to greenbay!!!!

I know the players are to blame, but The coaches gotta call better plays. If its 3rd and long you dont run routes that are only 5 yards long. run, run, pass How predictable is that

biggest difference between Chilli and the rest is that Chili started with some talent, Zygi spent money on talent. (Granted, some of the talent is playing terrible, T-Will, McKinnie, Birk, etc...) we all figured they would be poor this year, but not this poor. I do believe that you've got to give a coach at least 2 years to get established. What bothers me is how Darn BORING the games are. This team is just a snoozer. Poor Paul Allen has nothing to yell about.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

Quote:

And thats really saying alot... besides it's after 10 games.... 4 weeks ago you wouldn't have said that and in four more weeks you may change your mind again. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin'.

Well, I'm still not changing my mind. The thing is MN was suppose to be one of the best coaching jobs out there last year, because they were the "closest playoff contender" team out there and that is why Childress went there. With the additions they brought in they are almost worse than last year. While the Packers, Jets, and Saints are improving the Vikings seem to be taking a step back.

Vikings are a good team this season, they only lack solid wide receivers.. Trust me, with solid wr's, Vikings should be playoff contenders again!

Supa, are you watching the same games that we are? The O line, (for having 2 probowl players) is terrible. Whether its holding, offsides, or just plain breaking down. It seems like all five can never block at the same time, someone always gets beat. Our QB's get their buts kicked.

On Defense, yeah our run defense allows very little yardage, but who would run against us when the pass is so easy to come by? We are not a good team, we were a good team last year, this year, we are a bad team. We are a long way from becoming a great team, even from becoming a playoff team.

I listened to Chillys press conference on the radio today and he called his offense "kick A&&". Man he must think hes coaching a Joe Montana led 49ers team. What a (Contact Us Please). The Vikings suck!