• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Intentional Trespassers

hill7410

we only have agricultural land and don't catch too many trespassers, but we don't turn them in. wait until they're far enough into the field or over a hill, then pull the valve stems on their tires and let them figure out what to do from there. its easy for someone to pay the system, 50$ for taking game on someone else's land. let them spend that kinda money on a towtruck to only realize they didnt have their valvestems.

Quote:

we only have agricultural land and don't catch too many trespassers, but we don't turn them in. wait until they're far enough into the field or over a hill, then pull the valve stems on their tires and let them figure out what to do from there. its easy for someone to pay the system, 50$ for taking game on someone else's land. let them spend that kinda money on a towtruck to only realize they didnt have their valvestems.

I don't agree with this method at all. Call the CO if you have issues or the sheriff let them be the ones to deal with it.

I own land along the minnesota river north of sleepy eye. Every year its the same thing. I get a couple guys sitting in deer stands overlooking my land. When I ask what they are doing they say oh we are hunting so and so's land. Technically the farmer owns the field they are supposedly hunting. This year after hearing a shot early Sunday morning of the first weekend I walked to the top of the hill to find the same thing. A hunter perched in a stand overlooking my land. When i asked him what he shot at he said a small deer. I asked where it was and of course it was in the middle of a clearing on my land. I informed him of this and even showed him the marker posts that I had spray painted this fall hoping to avoid and conflicts. To no avail. What does a person do? The farmer owns like 4 feet of land next to a field where this person puts his stand. Unfortunately he overlooks my woods and doesn't seem to mind shooting at deer on my property. I have done just about everything I can think of outside of involving the law. This is ridiculous. I even put stands up there to try and maybe convince him to move his stand. Know what happened? The morning I came to hunt out of my stand all the steps were tore off so I couldn't climb up into it. Nice huh? I just don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent. LoL.

I,m not the vendictive type person and would hope that the law (it probly wouldnt happen) would make an example of these guys. Like their starting to do with the guys that are baiting take their guns away and make them buy them back at auction or law keeps them. break the law pay the price!!

Recking something of theirs just makes me as bad as them and then when they figure out they could retailiate and then what? Again Break the law pay the price! bigger the fine the better. make them think about it I know it wont stop.

We have 40 acres northwest of Grand Rapids. Posted it and had a heck of a time with the previous owner. He actually drove up the acess road(Forest road), slowed his pickup to a crawl and told the kids(ages 12-18) to "yell at those guys." We were on Federal Land and these kids yelled some interesting stuff at us.

I did take a photo of them in the truck, with license plate showing. I will be pursueing this tommorrow.

When we were gone during the week...it was obvious in the snow, that some group had driven our land...ethics.

I have a lease of about 160 acres up in Itasca county and although I can't say I post it heavily I do get it posted. In previous years we have had an issue with folks walking in off of the state 4-wheeler trail that slides by the back corner of my lease.

Now I go out of my way to drop a no trespassing/no hunting sign on every large trail/deer run leading to my lease off of the 4 wheeler trail. Consistently I end up with somebody walking in on us (we are on a big hay field). In the past I've even moved people off of the field (of course they told me that they assumed the hay field was public??). Once even sent somebody packing off of the field----decided to get out and still hunt a small woods to the north and sure enough I see this same hunter 5-10 feet back in the woods against a tree still hunting my field! He darn near ran when he realized I saw him and was pulling out my cell phone. Also had hunters hunt the road into the property right past a no hunting sign and even a guy who swore he was looking for a deer he shot but not a single deer had come into the field from that direction in two days?

This year my hunting partner hit the corner of the woods to work back looking for some sign of a blood trail and sure enough somebody had been in one of my old stands. Cig butts everywhere on the ground around the stand and within 10 yards of one of my no hunting signs. That is intentional and probably explains why this corner was worthless for deer activity the entire first weekend.

I don't even own the land but go out of my way to work/support the landowners including loads of wood and paying for the hunting rights not counting all of the groceries that we provide these hermits and I get just as hosed by folks that refuse to honor a no hunting sign.

I will call the CO immediately like everybody else but it sure gets frustrating to listen to the bull-crap from the trespassers.