• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Muzzloading question

Dahitman44

Is it legal in MN to have a muzzleloader with a scope?

Some say yes, some say no. Others say a 2x scope is legal but it is a waste of time because it doesn't help much

Anyone know the skinny?

The muzzleloader with scope is legal accross the state for the firearm seasons but it must be removed for the muzzleloader season. Open sights (including fiber optic) or peep sights only are legal during the muzzleloader season. The exception to this is cases of vision impairment in which case a permit is needed and only certain scopes acceptable. This is all descibed in the DNR hunting regulations.

I believe it is only legal to use a scope on a muzzleloader during firearm season. When the muzzleloader season starts I don't think any are legal.

Thanks.

I think they should make a 2x power scope legal. I think we would get cleaner shots as fewer injured deer that will die later.

My $1.25.