• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3rd annual 1st Ice "Muskrat Love"event on Fish Lake SAT DEC 9th

Steve Birck/Dock I will be out there thursday putting my permanent house out there in the same spot. I think this is close to where you are thinking? I hope the fish bite I will bring stuff for shore lunch as well as a gas grill smirk.gif I will bring the wheeler or sled to I think if I take the wheeler I will bring the snowmobile trailer to help get people out shocked.gif Ripstick said he will be the to and from guy for all that need it cool.gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• Wade Joseph

I have a question for those of you who fish "fish lake" on a regular basis. I was talking to an older gentleman and I told him I was going to fish lake saturday. His advice was fish somewhat close to shore by the dam and you will catch walleyes. Is that good advice, can I icefish close to the dam? I have never been there before.

Quote:

SurfaceTension: Of coarse I'll be there with Jr. Looks like cold temps all week and a warm up on Saturday. Wheelers and sleds should be good to go so we can spread out. Stay clear from in front of the Damm and bridge.

wink.gif

Looks like I'll be able to make it out also.

Steve, what time does Tim open up the shop for bait, etc?

I need to take off mid-afternoon so thought i would try to catch the early bite. Will probably bring the sled, and definitely something to throw on the grill for lunch.

Stay away from the d a m ! You can catch walleyes all over the lake in a lot safer spots. People do fish the rocky shoreline to the right of the d a m. Getting there by ice isnt fun and you have to walk in front of the d a m. Thats a no no.

Try the narrows area or Crappie Village area as well as airplane island. Or if you insist on fishing off the public landing then stay to your left of the d a m.

Northlander,

I am just going to find you and have you point out a good area to try.

With your expertise that would gaurentee me fish, right? grin.gifgrin.gif

Chris Tim opens at 7am. He has chubs and crappie minnows but no shiners or suckers.

Good pizza and pops/brews of all sorts. See ya there man.

...and if your feelin lazy...or just out of bait, he will deliver on the ice! Warm pizza is nice!

Steve,

I have had no trouble getting or sending e-mails other then yours the other night. I'm just not sure if I have a good e-mial address for Gary or not. I'll have to wait and see what he has to say on the subject.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Bad news frown.gif Found out last night that both kids have basketball games on Saturday. The boy has two of them in Barnum that day. Does not look good for us. Trying to look at other options, probably a no go. Steve, if you find the fish bros give them to Frank and he can get them to me. I will have to take the boy out on Sunday when we have nothing going on. Bummer man. BC

confused.giffrown.gifblush.gif Big Country what a bad thing to happen sorry just more fish for us I now you you will be there the kid's will be sick and no game so bring the geese with you and fish with me out of the house smirk.gif I know you will show up confused.gif I hope? well have fun at the game if you go and good luck to the teams take care laugh.gif.

Gary,

I don't know what to tell you. That's the same address I sent the e-mail to and it didn't go through.

Northlander or LoonASea,

If you would like to try and e-mail ripstick for me that would be great. If so please send him my cell number and home e-mail address and I'll see if that works and then I'll try to reply back to him.

Thanks guys,

Tom (BD110)

Northlander,

I will probally be out there early as I might have to go into work, I am trying to do everyting in my power to wiggle my way out of it. You still planning on being at High Banks around mid morning?

Tearin Lips,

I am planning on being at Tim's at 7 for bait, and should have a sled with me (trailer is in the shop but should be out tomorrow) if you need a ride out.

Big Country, I am planning on heading out on Chub (if i can get an ice up date) on sunday morning with my little guy (4yo). Where were you planning on trying on sunday? Maybe we could get together, kids always seem to have more fun when there's other kids around, and it looks like its gonna be a pretty nice day to be on the ice. I'm not locked into Chub, wouldnt mind trying grand, caribou etc. either.

Northlander, You can count me in for Sat. I talked to Tim last night and he is pretty excited... He was approved by the Township for the camp ground expansion smile.gif so there should be some more room for us in the future... Cant wait to get out on the ice... See all of you on Sat....

Brian

Tearin"lips

Im gonna be there between 8 and 8:30 to unload my wheeler and get set up ,,not sure where Im gonna plant my house yet but I have a few ideas

If any one has 2 way radios ,,bring them,,, I will have my pair with

Randoid

Someone needs to keep me updated by phone on Saturday if there are any plans made for Sunday. I'm not able to get on the site at work, so I will not have a clue if Sunday plans are made.

I'm ready for a tip-up party on my favorite body of water!!!

Sound like a good Sunday plan??

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Tom

Im going to be on Grand sunday helping a pal put out a spear house ,,if the forecast stays true I will have my tip-ups with me and some smelt

Randoid

Good luck guys. The late season pheasant trip came together so will not be able to make it. Have a good time and be safe!

xplorer,

that might not be a bad idea, I might be out there earlier too...I am not sure yet. I have to work saturday afternoon, so that puts a damper on the afternoon deal. Me and a buddy are heading out and going to try the crappie village area on friday afternoon. My dad is bringing down the rest of my stuff tonight, so I will be set. Keep me posted

Thanks and Take Care!!!

Xplorer, change of plans. The boy and I are going to Grand Saturday after the game, around 2:30pm and fishing into the evening. Sunday is full already. Come along if you can. My boy is 10 and has been ice fishing since 4 also. Let me know. Tom, we will get you the goose meat somehow soon. Good luck and have fun. Take pictures if Frank starts to do "The Funky Chicken" shocked.gif BC

I have a 4x8 trailer I could bring along if someone wants to pull it with their wheeler to haul people and gear. Next year I am hoping to have a wheeler to put on it and bring along to these events.

BC get apost up for grand sat pm. Might be interested sun Cant wait to be able to drive out maybe next weekend.

Xplorer I live about a mile from chub, was out there sunday checking ice and there was a pretty consistent 4-5" of Ice. so im sure close to 6 or 7 now. throw Me an email if you are looking for someone to fish with... [email protected]

I have to get out of the house Saturday (While the wife bakes christmas cookies.. grin.gif) and was pondering the thought of getting in on one of these ice events. Was thinking about pulling the sleds and the otter up, and giving it a shot, but have never fished fished lake, I don't even know how to get to it. Would have no idea where to go, what to use...... sticking close to a local lake for an early crappie, walleye bit is tempting too..... trying to make up my mind. the thought of driving back, would put a damper on the choice of beverage. Undecided as of yet.

Dave come on up and bring the sleds. I could use one to tow my house and get ya on the "secret spots".

Maybe Tim can get ya in a cabin for the night. E-mail me if ya want to do that cuzz I will need to know asap. I would even spend the night then.

Steve, I would not know till tonight . I don't think I would spend the night. The Mille Lacs ice reports are reporting some ice now.