• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3rd annual 1st Ice "Muskrat Love"event on Fish Lake SAT DEC 9th

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• Wade Joseph

Ice, Ice, Baby...I'm loving it. We should be making ice hand over fist now.

I'll bet we could skuttle out on BD110's favorite slimer lake this Sunday for some early eyes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You got mail Bill.

4-4.5" in the narrows and out to 14' at Crappie Village. Nice clear ice and about 1/2" of snow on top. Looks like wheelers will be a go for next weekend.

I am going to be in I still have to get one more deer as well on the city hunt? I will do that this week and go fishing a lot warmer with heat.

Wade,

The early ice event is going to be held on the 9th. You didn't mis anything. As stated before I'll be working that day so have fun and I'll see you all later in the season.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Early Ice Event is still on this coming Sat the 9th Wade. Yesterday was just some guys having fun fishing some earlier ice.

For everyone who is thinking about joining us Sat the 9th let us know in a post here. Im getting some food organized and need a decent head count.

We will be heading out of Highbanks around 9am and fish til dark. If you have wheelers or sleds bring them. Im sure we will have enough ice for them by Sat. Just dont go where you dont know is safe ice! Check it if you arent sure. I would stay out of the middle of the lake for another weeek.

So far I have Loonasea, Ripstick, Skipperskid and Ripnlips.

count me in and i think my brother will come also. we have never fished fish lake before and might need a few pointers in the right direction grin.gif and we will be good to go grin.gif we will be there around 830 and ready to fish. hey northlander is there gonna be a grill? cuz if so ill bring some sausages to add to lunch. see ya on the ice, darren

Quote:

So far I have Loonasea, Ripstick, Skipperskid and Ripnlips.

Please add Ely lake expert plus 1 guest to the list.

I tentatively have a late season pheasant hunt in Iowa pencilled in but there are 2 or 3 of us that have potential conflicts. I can bring a 4 wheeler and 3 person portable.I will let you know for sure by Wednesday evening.

Hopefully my wheeler will be out of the shop by then....either way, i'm game.

Nothing like buying a new 07 AC 650 Wheeler, putting 149 miles on the darn thing, then all the sudden not having any juice to start the machine or run accessories. Gosh darn it anyways. I'll have my grill there again, with sausage as i did last year. Good times will be had.

Steve, you thinking of going in the same area as last year (depending on the number of wheelers/snowmobiles?

I'll have my wheeler and 5x8 trailer with so i have plenty of room to haul extra shacks/people out if need be.

Woodie Im thinking that area or over by Birch/Dock Island but I dont know what the ice situations are in those areas yet. Ill give it a few more days and check them on Thursday.

Bring your grill woodie and Ripstick will have his too. Ill have burgers, buns, ketchup and mustard.

We are planning on 9am at Highbanks. Everyone please support Tim at Highbanks with your bait and beverage purchases. He has been nice enough to wave the launch fee for this event.

See everyone Sat.

Me, plus one will probally be there! i'll be able to have a more for sure answer probally thursday but im going to plan on it

I have my boys first Basketball game that day. Sure wish I could be there. Going out Sunday somewhere for sure though. have a good time guys.

I plan to be there. Bringing my frabil speed shack cub and a few bottles of my homemade beer. I'll get bait at highbanks and hope someone will drag me out as I am wheelerless.

Steve, I will be there with my 10 year old son. If you can remember those fish brothers that would be cool. Otherwise I will get them some other time. It was great to see you and some of the fellows Sunday night. I mentioned this before in another post, but I now have weekends off and plan on catching up on all the events I missed from the past. Oh yeah, that wasn't a fall the other day, just a smooth new dance move Frank taught me before we hit the ice grin.gif See ya on the ice this weekend! BC

grin.gif welcome to greatest show on ice. wink.gif there will great slides into the tip up holes. A rod holder toss in the hole contest. Grilling ideas and maybe some darn good fun cool.gifcool.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Of coarse I'll be there with Jr. Looks like cold temps all week and a warm up on Saturday. Wheelers and sleds should be good to go so we can spread out. Stay clear from in front of the Damm and bridge.

ripstick,

I sent you another e-mail with my cell and other info let me know if you received this one. I sent it to a hot mail account let me know if it works or not.

Talk to you later!!!

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Ya BD110 I think it may be your rig not mine. Im getting my e-mail fine now.