• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bop214

Auger Mounts

Question

Bop214

Can anyone help me wih building an auger mount for my snowmobile? I dont know if all of them have to be built or if you can by some as well.

15 answers to this question

Paul Waldowski

Bop,

Because of the huge differences in sled designs they pretty much need to be tailored to your specific sled. What kind of sled? Can you post a picture here or e-mail it to me?

Bop214

It is a 94 indy classic touring 488. 2 up seat no basket on the back. I dont have a picture available as of now. It looks like new with only 2000 miles on it, to good of an offer to pass up. Perfect for what I am using it for.

Greg K (aka:CRAPPIEBAIT)

Quote:

Can anyone help me wih building an auger mount for my snowmobile? I dont know if all of them have to be built or if you can by some as well.

So what's the verdict,did you get squared away with the rack ?

Where are you located ? I can help !

markzeke

I have a 94 polaris indy sks I use for ice fishing. I built a rack on the rear of it for hauling my ice auger. I have pics posted in the ice fishing forum. It hasn't been viewed for a while so I will add something to it to bring it back to the top. I hope it helps you

Bop214

Sorry it took so long fellas live on the Iron Range by eveleth. I found a guy that may build me one but it didnt sound like it would work to well with my sled. So i guess i could still use some help. What would something like this cost?

Paul Waldowski

Just took pictures of mine. It is very lightweight (aluminum) and is rock solid.

Rack1.jpg

Rack2.jpg

Rack3.jpg

Rack4.jpg

Rack5.jpg

Rack6.jpg

Rack7.jpg

Rack8.jpg

Rack9.jpg

GatorBait

Yep, good setup there. I bought those U-shaped mounts for my atv to use for gun hunting and later found out that my Jiffy fit perfectly in them. Your setup seems to add more support to it, which seems even better. thx for sharing your pics.

Cheeser

Paul, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I am working on plans for a mount, and when I seen your pictures that completed it!

One question: where did you get the square aluminum tubing? Looks like 1" x 1/8" sidewall??

--Mark

Paul Waldowski

Cheeser,

I picked them up at the local Hardware store. They were just two foot long pieces and I put them together using corner brackets. Easy to do and very strong. The pieces were like $4.00 a piece and the 2 brackets were like $3. Add an ATV snowmobile rack and about $6 in bolts and teflon nuts.

Capt.Blaine

Paul, that’s an awesome set up! Good work smile.gif although things like that isn’t really work, its just fun...

Cheeser

Man, I gotta find a different hardware store... grin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks, Paul. When I get mine done I'll share pics.

--Mark

icemac33

"One question: where did you get the square aluminum tubing? Looks like 1" x 1/8" sidewall??"

Fleet Farm has a good selection of aluminum stock in quite a few sizes and shapes. Decent prices in most cases.

hanson

Here's a photo of the rack on my sled.

augerrack22pc.jpg

There are also more photos and "how-to" at this link...

Hanson's Auger Rack

I started out using the same auger carrier from Mad Dog that Paul has but I couldn't get the mounting blocks w/ velcro straps to fit right between the Strikemaster and my rack.

So I cut that plywood spacer and notched it for the gearcase of my auger. It holds the auger head perfectly and securly with a bungee cord.

Just another idea...

Fish&Fowl

I had a similar type of auger rack system last year. It worked great, but my only beef with that setup is narrow trails and portages, especially fishing in Canada. It's almost impossible to get through some of them when the auger is perpendicular to the sled like that, and some times you need to get a run to get over some of the big icy hills at the top. Makes it tough to creep along and make sure the auger doesn't hit any trees. My goal is to have a new rack ready pretty soon that will keep the auger in line with the sled. Wish me luck, I will post pics if I can actually pull it off.

hovermn

F & F

Any luck with the auger rack? I'm curious to see what you had in mind. Please update us with your results smile.gif