• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Birchmont House... fishing help needed

going to be staying there in Jan.. never fished the lake that it is on and honestly.. dont even know the name.. but i would like a little help on the lake if at all possible... where to go?? name?? presentation?? dont need to give up hot spots just a little help where a guy can go out and catch a few... thanks in advance...

Is the house Hess's house? My family rented that one this summer for our reunion. Man is it big and the pool/ hot tub was awsome. Parked a pontoon at the dock and gave rides all week to the elders.

If it is on bemidji, try reeses or cameron point in aboot 30-35 feet of water for perch during the day and try a little shallower for walleyes at sunset and into the night. Stop in at Tabers bait when you get up here and talk to Ron he can point you to whatever species of fish you are looking to catch.

The house is beween Reeses, and Cameron if it is the same one my family had. Just go straight out from the house and you have some excellent fishing.

I got the opportunity to get out a couple days ago and fished this area for walleyes. It was the best 1.5 hours of fishing I had this year - zero boats on the lake. Blue and white Fireball jig with a minnow at 18-30 feet. It needed to be jigged aggresively or they wouldn't take it. Biggest was 27" in 18 feet and most of the eaters were deeper.

Of course being by myself, getting the boat loaded and unloaded was interesting!