• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clarify All Season license ?

ozzie

I know this may have been asked but with the all season license can I shoot a buck (rifle/shotgun season) most anywhere (except 3B) in the state? I understand the doe part but I read the DNR regs and am confused as to the buck portion for this season.

Yes, anywhere & any time the season is open in that area, with any weapon legal for that season.

But you may still only take 1 buck total for the year and not 1 buck for each season. The other two tags you receive with the all season license are for antlerless deer only.

Thanks that is what I thought.....I also picked up a regs book on lunch break and found my answer. I was confused after reading something on the DNR website.

just one more question reguarding all season license. If I used both anterless tags and my eithr sex tag on a buck last weekend in a managed area can I use a bonus permit in that same area to take a another doe. thanks for the info in advance.

Elwood I'm not 100% sure of my answer here so maybe best check for another answer or read the regs youself but I believe in a managed area if you taken 3 deer by firearm or combination of weapons(2 antlerless and 1 buck) you are done hunting that area. There is no mention in the regs about an all season license holder having the ability to by bonus tags for additional deer in managed areas. It says you may take 3 deer. Whereas for hunters in intensive areas the regs say an all season license holder can purchase bonus tags for additional deer up to a maximum of 5. So it seems to me 3 is the limit from a managed area.

MANAGED DEER AREAS

The number and type of deer you can kill in managed deer areas varies by license type. Below is a summary of the licenses and what type of deer may be harvested:

• All-season deer - may take up to three deer in managed deer areas during the firearm season but only two can be antlerless. Hunters can tag an antlerless deer with their either-sex tag but are advised to use their antlerless-only tags first. All-season hunters do not need to purchase bonus permits for use in managed areas because the license

now includes a third tag.

INTENSIVE DEER AREAS

Intensive deer areas have a bag limit of 5 deer total. Below is a summary of the licenses and what type of deer may be harvested:

All-season deer - may take up to three deer with that license during the firearm season but only two can be antlerless. Hunters can tag an antlerless deer with their either-sex tag but are advised to use their antlerless-only tags first. All-season hunters can purchase bonus permits and the bag limit in intensive areas is five deer.

So it seems to me if you want to keep hunting you would have to buy a bonus tag and hunt in an intensive deer area as you limit of 3 in a managed area has been reached.