• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer hunting this weekend.

Where is everyone going this weekend.I will be heading back to ND for four days to maybe finish up.

I think I will be going back out to Garvin park where it is archery only. It's probably to late but I need to adjust a stand location a bit to try and get close to the 8 pointer I saw twice last weekend about 75 yds away. What's in ND that you are returning there so often?

We shot all our deer last weekend. I'm thinking I'll be on Lime Lake duck hunting.

Good luck to yous guys.

How did you do in SW mn last weekend. We hunted south of the Balaton area and it was terribly slow. Didn't see our first deer till almost 4:00 pm on Saturday. Out of our group of 6 we got two does, and missed 2 more. When we registered our deer on Sunday Afternoon there were only 16 registered for the area. Just didn't see a lot of deer or hunters, and we covered a lot of ground.

Saw plenty of deer both days. Our party ended up with 6 bucks and 2 does. Weather and moonlight made it tough on Sunday. We shot 3 bucks early Saturday morning. Bucks were 2 tens, a nine, and 3 baskets.

Good luck and have a safe one everybody! Looks like it should be a decent weekend for hunting.

Lawdog...not sure if you got my e-mail (I forgot to subject line it), but if you're headed out, have a good one. I hope the Comfort Inn's beds are comfy! smirk.gif

yep [email protected]

If you didn't put in a subject its possible it ended up in spam, and then I wouldn't have seen it as I just delete that all the time without looking through it. That yahoo address gets dumped on with spam constantly and there is too much to look through...

That's probably what happened. Soon as I hit the send button I know I forgot to put in a subject name. I'll try sending again right now.

Got some deer this weekend (I didn't get one), but man did I ever see a bunch of illegal "hunters" out there! Some of which REALLY ticked me and my whole family off. Hope the CO got their butts!

Hope everyone else had a safe and enjoyable hunt. Our was fun, for the most part.

Results were

4-Bucks,3 doe,this past weekend.With 4 guys this fall shooting thier personal best for archery bucks.It was a long hard fall but the job got done. smile.gif

Forgot to mention.....2 bucks and, ahem....4 fawns. Couple guys had some size identification problems this past weekend. smirk.gif

We ended up with three bucks and one doe that my 14 year old step-son got. It was his first deer and he was REALLY pumped...so was I! Great deer for him, he did everything right and just smoked her with that little 20 ga. youth gun at about 18 yards.

I never fired a shot, but spent most of my time trying to get him a deer anyway. I still have muzzleloading and plenty of time with the bow if I need it. With the Elk meat and his deer though, I'm not exactly short on meat or long on freezer space...

Up in Monte, we got 2 does and a 5 point buck that was missing its other antler... coulda been a beaut!

It was a good season. We filled with four bucks and one antlerless. The Mrs. got some shooting this year so she was happy. Many deer were seen and fun was had by all. The walking was fairly easy and most of the deer got up in range. Now we can spend the winter in the ice house enjoying the rewards of the hunt. Jerky, sticks, and brats always taste good in the winter. The transition has begun.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

actually, I was only in 451 this weekend.

Lawdog,

You hunting around Hatfield, and north?

Like on the old Demuth section?????

I've been gone 30 some years, but still have some fond memories in the pasture east of the homesite.

Reddog,

SMALL WORLD! My parents now live on the old Demuth home site and have for about a decade now. The land we couldn't get bought though as it was in a messy estate fight and the quarter is now split each side of the family owns half of it, other than what mom/dad got with the acreage/homesite. Before it got split out I got to hunt that pasture and took some very nice mallards off the stock pond late season in a storm once and always chased some pheasants in it. The non local family members have it now and I've tried to get access but they have it posted for one guy who hunts it and no one else. Kind of a disappointment as my father literally gave them thousands of gallons of water to help their tree planting project and now I can't even hunt it...

Would I know you or your family????

I thought that would be your parents home when I made the post..

Actually, we're related... pretty closely, at that...

My grandma Peg, was a Haubrich.

Auntie Beth and Rex, Grace, Little Jim,

Just seen Bob Standish last weekend, and had a great time talking with him

Listened to your mom play at church many a year when I was growing up. Probably even had her for a religion teacher a decade or two. hehehe

You mention a race car in your profile? We got every week to Husets, and Jackson, and occasionally Knoxville weekly show and always to the Kville Nationals.

What do you race?

You wouldnt believe the ducks we used to shoot off that stock dam back in the 70s... Some great memories, right there.

There was a slab crappie bite there one summer, about 1968, but needless to say, I think we fished em out. Back then, we thought it could never end..