• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Info Survey????

croixeyes

Ive been on this website for a year or so and have a question Id like to pose.What would you,as a fisherman rather see on this site,Info on a spot to catch fish or tips and technics to help you catch fish?Ive always been one to soak up as much info on fishing methods as possible.I dont pay much attention to hot bite info as this really doesnt help in the learning curve.Just curious how many people just want to know where where they are biting now.

I like to see both. I like trying new spots out.

I also like to share and learn new techiques. I have learned a ton from guys on here as far as new techs go. Until a few years ago I had never trolled a crawler harness on a board before and now its one of my favorite methods.

I like both as well. Techniques are great to hear when you are kinda new to boat fishing. But since I moved from out of state, it's nice to get a general area or lake name to find some fish. Don't need the exact location, but just finding a few fun lakes to fish is always nice.

Smannd..yes what you and northlander have said makes sense.Like you guys I dont mind hearing about stuff like,perch are going good on lake x on the rocks.This kind of info is general and most people can go out and figure out the how to contact these fish.That to me is the fun part of fishing.However it seems to me that alot of folks just want to hear,go to lake x and fish 10ft deep on the third rock bar west of the launch use this color jig and tip it with this kind of bait.I suppose some people like that kind of info but to me it didnt teach me anything,its not always about bringing home a limit of fish.I try and learn something from each outing and sometimes I learn about being skunked frown.gif but thats ok I still have fun.

I definitly like/appreciate reading everyones techniques. But, on another token, I have a wife that works, and goes to school full time on opposite hours as my work week, and we have an 18 month little bambino thats not quite ready for ishin(his lingo). Nedless to say, when I have only 2 hours to dip a line, spots are nice to hear about. Of course

I understand how it feels when you find that certain honey hole, and you show up one day to find your honey with 12 guys fishing her. blush.gif

I would like to see a blog fourm. There are a lots of people on FM that I would like to hear about their fishing and other outdoor outings. It would be nice to read expanded viewpoints.

Yes I agree with the learning every thing a person can learn about what any are going after, and there is a great deal of info on this web sight, I wouldnt limit how much you can learn here.

Like this little trick my grandpa used to do, he would take egg shells and wrap a bunch in cheese cloth, he'd put a pretty good sized weight in the bottom, dont forget the wieght. then we would go to the deep flat, he'd drill a hole and drop his wieghted egg shells to the bottom, drill a couple more holes close by, and we almost allways had fish. shocked.gif