• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moores Bait & Tackle Burglarized

The post tite said it all. Someone broke in last night about 3:30 a.m.

Whomever did this was very selective about what they wanted. The reel cabinet was cleaned out.. lots of high dollar reels including shimano tekota 500 & 600's, garcia 7000's, 6500 & 6501's, Okuma epixor reels from 30-65 series, shimano symetra and sedonas of various sizes.. front and rear drag.

Tackle taken the person(s) was very specific. This was a walleye, bass, and pike/musky fisherman. They seemed to be stealing to fill the tackle box with their prefered items.. gum drop floater bulk packs, gamakatsu hooks in various sizes, balsa slip floats, rapalas, weights in 3/8 and less size, northland jighead packs in various sizes and colors.. they seem to like stuff around 1/4 oz best, power baits(mostly worms), ring worms in colors that had purple in them, mepps in choice colors in sizes mostly from #3-#5... I think we get the idea. They were very specific on what they took.

If anything is being sold I would suspect the larger reels. This person didnt clean out the inventory on the stuff, but they took handfulls of everything they wanted.

It wouldnt surprise me if they filled a bucket full of minnows on the way out the door on their shopping spree.

Somebody knows something. This person who did this is an avid fisherman, and probably spends a lot of time on the water. If anybody knows anything, please contact the police, or Moores bait.

If this happens again, I suspect we might not have a local baitshop in Minneapolis. Bob Moore is a heck of a good guy that does everything within his power to help fishermen out, and has very fair prices. He s not getting rich owning a bait shop, trust me. Bob is the type of person that will give you the shirt off his back.

Please keep your eyes open for anything. I'll personally throw in a few days of guided fishing to anyone turning in the person guilty of this burglary.

This is something that I hate to hear about, an honest person trying to make a living and helping other people out and some low life takes from him. I sincerely hope that someone turns these people/person in to the authorities. Like you said I am sure someone must know who and how they did such a thing. Hopefully insurance will cover some of his loss. It seems nothing is safe anymore, if the thiefs want something bad enough they will find a way to get it.

Seems like it's safer to own a liquor store these days! crazy.gif Keep your eyes out folks, for the guy with the newly new equipment.

I've just been really upset ever since I heard this news.

Bob is a great guy! I've fished with him on many occassions and he has absolutely gone out of his way to provide us metro fisherman with great gear, great advice, and great bait. He has listened to what us fisherman (and catfisherman) want and has gone above and beyond what most bait shops will do to accomodate our requests. Bob has one of the best catfish rod & reel selections in the state and its because he is willing to listen and help. For someone to burglarize his business is a slap in the face to Bob and his community of customers! Lets just say I'm a little PO'd about this.

Lets keep our eyes & ears open for any info related to this!

Guy I agree you with on bob's a great guy. Starting a bait shop is hard enough to get off the ground. Then to have someone bust into his shop really sucks!!! I'll so give a guide trip to who helps in the bust of these rotten***** .

Bob hang in there, we're behind you.

Anyone interested in doing a drive to raise money to be offered through crime stoppers to find the perps? $$ can get the mouths to open (I wish it worked that way with fish grin.gif).

WTF is wrong with these people!!!! Find a job and earn your stuff like the rest of us hard working people do!! Geeze!

No need to go stealing people stuff / livelihood! mad.gifmad.gif

Hey guys, which bait shop is this? I might have to swing in and give the guy some business. I'm always on the lookout for a decent bait shop owner, too many schmucks out there. Sounds like he could use a little extra business, too.

Moore's Bait & Tackle

618 West 58th Street

Minneapolis MN 55419

Store Hours:

Monday - Friday 6 AM to 6 PM.

Saturday & Sunday - 5 AM to 5 PM.

Phone:

612-861-7412

Quote:

Hey guys, which bait shop is this? I might have to swing in and give the guy some business. I'm always on the lookout for a decent bait shop owner, too many schmucks out there. Sounds like he could use a little extra business, too.

Just off Lyndale ave and Crosstown Hyw 62 in Sw MPLS.

He is closing at 5 right now all week, and closed on tuesdays for a little bit until there is some ice... very slow time of the season, everyone needs a day off.

I just saw this thread for the first time today. That is a real shame. I love Moore's Bait & Tackle. I buy all my bait and tackle from there ever since it opened. Hopefully, as someone else posted, insurance will help cover the loss. And I'll keep my eyes open for tackle being sold.