• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Slow weekend

Dahitman44

Went out gun hunting and it was pretty slow. Most people in the Perham and Hawley areas found this to be the case. Full moon an warm temps did not help.

Shot a doe Sunday morning -- that was the only deer I saw on Saturday and Sunday.

Funny -- I sat in my truck on Friday night and watched a really nice buck heard his two does back into the woods. I was about 300 yards away and he was really nice. REALLY NICE. I saw a ton of white above his head. There were a lot of nice scrapes and rubs in that area.

He came out for about 15 seconds at 5:10p.m. I wish I had my bow and would have been sitting right there. Oh, well. Coulda-shoulda-woulda.

That was a dandy. So far nobody has reported getting him in our area. Going back next weekend for another try.

Hitman

really slow for me also. The moon was so bright this weekend, I woke up at 1:30am and thought I had missed the morning hunt! The deer definatly werent moving, they must have done there dancing at night. Only a couple doe taken from my hunting party. Pretty [Note from admin: Edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]poor. Im gonna try it next weekend again though.

Bowhunted Saturday and Sunday. Saw four does running by very quickly. Would not have mattered if I had my 870 as I will not take a running shot in our hunting situation. No one within miles fired a shot either day. But Saturday night I counted 17 deer of all makes and sizes in the alfalfa field at 9 pm when we went out. Jerks. tongue.gif

Was very slow where we were also(Itasca State Park). Heard minimal shots and I didn't see a single deer. My cousin is the only one that got a deer and it was the only deer seen by our party. frown.gif

This past weekend we hunted in North Dakota and it was the slowest weekend so far this year.Hardly any deer to see and next to none chasing does.

We seen some deer this weekend. My dad seen 1 doe, 2 fawns and a spike on stand sat. morning. I seen a doe and 2 fawns sat. night. Sunday morning I seen 4 more deer and shot a real nice doe, double lung at about 100 yards. My uncle seen a couple sunday morning and 5 on sunday night. One of my cousins seen 7 deer on saturday morning.

Overall we seen some deer but we were talking and think that the deer numbers are way down in our area. Most of the corn is out and we still don't see the numbers we did in past years.

I'm so glad opther people are saying it was slow. We had 8 people hunt hard all day Saturday and Sunday on 90 acres of private land just south of Hibbing. Zero deer shot and only 1 doe seen. I am in a state of shock over that. Lots of sign and no sightings. I honestly was starting to think our land was sabatoged.

I hear you guys. It is starange. I run into the occational person who did well but most have not seen the amount of deer the expected to.

Odd.

It is the full moon. Other than deer being pushed by hunters driving the deer, there is absolutely no reason for the deer to move during the day. The rut is not in full swing yet (at least in the southern half of the state - and at least not enough to make bucks run around during the day). I have an all-season license and I decided to stay home and play with the baby once I saw the moon.

Another thing is roadkill. I drove from St. Cloud to the Twin Cities on Saturday morning. I only saw 2 roadkill deer. If the rut was going, it would seem like there should be a lot more.