• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crap on the side of the road.

Hey anyone know what the deal is with all the crap in someone's front yard. It is a few miles south of McGregor on the east side of 65. Someone has a real problem. It looks like someone is having battle with their neighbors.

hahaha

do you mean the scrap-built house w/ the colored fence, signs about 'pray/God, etc, bunch of chairs along the fence, etc?

I've wondered about that place for years. I'd love to see someone write a newspaper article about what is really going on there.

A local told me it used to be a commune and still kind of is. I have NO idea if this is even close to the truth but it's the only info that I have.

Take a good look at the house itself - I would like to see the inside of it just for kicks. Looks like it was built using scrap wood?

That place has been there as long as I can remember. (1970's) I would never want to blow out a tire or have to pull over within 1 mile of that place. I would drive on the rims first. grin.gif

Quote:

That place has been there as long as I can remember. (1970's) I would never want to blow out a tire or have to pull over within 1 mile of that place. I would drive on the rims first.
grin.gif

Preach on! We drive passed that place everytime on our way up to McGregor and all of us turn our heads to see what's going on in there.

I know one time he waved at us while we were driving by. We were the only car on the road at the time so I know he wasn't waving to anyone else. I felt kind of odd afterwards. Perhaps he was being friendly... or really weird.

yeah, I'd consider driving on the rims also. Looks like the kind of place that you'd go into, your car would get dragged around back, and no one would ever see you again.

they're probably actually very nice (maybe) - but that place sure makes you wonder...

This guy and his wife live there. They won the lottery when it first came out and didn't want anyone to disturb them. That metal on the outside is just camo to cover up a beautiful mantion on the inside. Just kidding!!!! I don't know how many time I passed that place and asked the same questions. Heck I remember going by it when I would drive home from St Cloud State back in the early 80's. One good thing about it is it is maintance free. Can you imagin the critters that live in his yard and his house, shack, fort what ever you call it.

Ha-ha, Me and the wife call that place "the Texas chainsaw massacre house"

I've slowed down and taken pictures of it cause people don't belive me when I tell them about it. I'll try and post the pictures later today, If I can't can I send them to one of you to post here? I have to scan them also.

I'd love to stop there and put on a mask and get a chainsaw and have my picture taken in front of it, but I'm not that crazy.

And just to get a picture sitting in one of those chairs would be so funny. grin.gif

Wish this question had been asked earlier. I was down at the hunters dinner in Rice River with and ran into lots of locals from that area. Somebody has to be able to figure out the right answer, of course, maybe we don't really want to know. I'll be seeing my brother who used to run a store in Mcgregor this weekend. I'll see what he knows. Maybe LawyerMinn is still monitoring this forum and can fill us in.

Well now you gotta post pics after describing this freak house, um fort, um shelter for misplaced or misguided critters such as the tenets.

Wish I'd have thought to take pics, I just went by Friday morning and again today on a nice sunny afternoon. The guy has seriously passed the borders of his property and is encroaching well into the ditch and right of way. Its been there a long time (but not since the seventies as was said earlier) He seems to have stepped it up a lot lately adding to the beauty. I wonder why the state has not stepped in yet...(or maybe it has)

Yea I think they found a bunch of old paint. They have started to paint everything. WOW!!

My guess is that they are having some sort of " I can do anything on my land" battle with some neighbor.

I asked my brother who used to have a store up there what was going on....He didn't have a clue...says he say a long haired guy walking inside there once, but that was it.

Everytime I drive by there, it seems like there's something new painted, or more junk outside the fence. He must do all this at night, because nobody ever claims to see him during the day...scary...

Been thru that section of land for 45 years on the way up. A guy I know met him in McGregor and talked to him. Some artist type guy. I will update as I need to refresh on the details. Ever wonder how that 400 acres of swamp land for sale on the redwood sign between him and East Lake won't sell? So do I. Updates later.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and laughing to myself everytime I read it. I've always wondered what that guy was up to....sakazulu...My hunting buddy and I constantly speculate about that land...I'm guessing he's got the price jacked through the roof.

grin.gif

In our family it is known as the "Paper Shack".

I have seen him plenty of times out painting or setting railroad ties. I even seen one night which looked like he was stripping wire for copper? No person really scares me it just seams we all have a different purpose in life.

I will tell you however that I did see a monster buck just north of his place a few years back while passing through...I always think of that deer when I pass the shack.

I found out that there are 2 parties involved...one of the parties has something to do with the "Green Party", the other is just messing with that party.

Did a drive by picture shooting on the way up for muzzleload on Friday. I will stop and shoot some more next weekend. Just a primer. crap_on_the_side_of_the_road.JPG

for those of you who havent seen it - there it is, in all of it's glory! The house is the best part, you cant see it in the pics. thanks Saka!

I think there is more than one "house"on that property.Some guy I know said he has seen Bigfoot roaming the area at night.hehehehehehec63 I say one of us should stop next time and ask about the swamp for sale!c63 Oh yea,one mans trash is anothers treasure!,later

this or these people are not there mentally. why dosen't the state do something about this. there have to be ordinances against crap like this, or there should be. the same thing with jerks that collect every scrap car on there property.

I have heard its almost like some kind of cult or ultra religious group that owns the land and there are like 4-5 families that live there. Who knows if I have the right info or not, but thats what I was told.