• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I LOVE October!!

Howieroch

October was a good month for me this year.

It started out with a trip to Wyoming to chase Antelope and Turkeys. I took my first two antelope of my life on the first two days of the season. The first ranch we hunted would only let us shoot does, so my brother and I each filled our doe tags. The next day we switched ranches to fill our buck tags. We saw several nice bucks, but after some rifle trouble I ended up havesting a small one. It did not bother me, it was still my first antelope buck and I was thrilled! On day 3 we switched over to turkeys and I was able to take a nice little hen. Last year I shot a big merriam tom, so this year I wasn't as picky.

When we got home from Wyoming it was time to start goose hunting. Our field has been treating us pretty well this year.

Next it was on to Minnesota fall turkey season. I posted the short story on the turkey forum - two hours into the hunt we had two nice toms for three hunters. My tom had a 9 3/4" beard and 1 1/8" spurs - he went to the taxidermist for a full strut mount.

October was an incredible month for me this year with chances to hunt several species in two states. Gotta love it. One of the highlights of the month was having my twin 8 year old daughters with me when I shot my first goose of the season. It was awesome to see the excitement in their eyes as they asked when they would be able to start shooting geese.

Now November is here and it's time to start deer hunting. I hope this month is as good as last...

Good luck to all deer hunting this month, I can't wait to see the pictures!

October.jpg

Looks like you had one hellava month grin.gifNow its time for some november fun.good luck and keep the goood time going.

Very nice stories and pics. I only have one question.....

Do you want a new friend?!? I don't eat much and I clean up after myself.