• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gophers VS UMD Rolly???

PierBridge

Our Gophers are taking on Rolly's Boy's the UMD Bulldogs at the DECC "duluth" in the best game on earth "college hockey" and I was wondering what your thoughts were on this series.

On paper and listening to all the hype after the last series with CC I'm assuming you guy's think it's a couple of blow outs?

If I know Rolly he's hoping for a split maybe a 3-1 Bulldog stunner on Fri and 4-2 loss Saturday?

I say the Doggys get at least a tie and maybe more?

I say the Puppies get their arse's handed to them on their home ice!! The only PRAYER they have is if there goalie stands on his head, kinda like the kid from Maine did against us! UMD won't finish higher than 6th in the conference. Whatcha got Rolly? tongue.gif

Quote:

Friday- Gophers 6-1

Saturday- Gophers 13-3

shocked.gif

So you's guys don't seem worried that in the last 10 meetings, Minnesota Duluth leads 5-4-1. Six of the last seven games have been decided by two goals or less. The Golden Gophers have not won in Duluth since a 5-4 victory on Feb. 21, 2003. Minnesota has not had a road sweep in Duluth since Feb. 4-5, 2000.

Good Luck.... grin.gif

Another close one imagine that, oh no winners on the Gophers side from a gambling perspective...... grin.gif better luck tonight Gophers are favored by 1-1/2 again.

Good Luck.....

Gophers got lucky and skated away witha 3-2 OT victory. Da bulldogs could have easily skated away with 2 points tonight.

What was up with the officiating this weekend? Adams called some of the worst games I've seen in a while. Also, that ice looked terrible too; players were falling all over the ice, especially at the end of the second period, and the puck was bouncing all weekend.

Quote:

Gophers got lucky and skated away witha 3-2 OT victory. Da bulldogs could have easily skated away with 2 points tonight.

What was up with the officiating this weekend? Adams called some of the worst games I've seen in a while. Also, that ice looked terrible too; players were falling all over the ice, especially at the end of the second period, and the puck was bouncing all weekend.

We knew going in it was going to be a tough series against the Dogs up der! it always is.

Adams is the worst official in College Hockey the Gophers Cringe when he Officiates their games.

The bad ice is no fluke.... frown.gif

YUP, the Gophers played kinda flat and were atleast outplayed that second period (if my short term memory serves me right) and could very well have tied or lost tonight. In the end... a sweep is a sweep. grin.gif

Quote:

In the end... a sweep is a sweep.
grin.gif

Unless your at the Sports Book window..........0-2 and barbecue. wink.gif

As a Bulldog fan, I'll have to admit we lost both games. The Gophers are a good team and I don't have a problem with that. Adam has got to change his career though. I remember booing him when I was a season ticket holder in college, and he hasn't gotten any better.

I've never seen a ref change his mind 4 times and take 15 minutes to do it. It was controversial but goal or no goal, make a call and stick with it.

I think I was even more mad about the missed delay of game call at the end of the 3rd on Friday. Briggs was in trouble and he knew it. The puck came across to his right and he couldn't cover so he pushes the net off. Adam for some reason doesn't call it, and then he takes the puck out of the zone confused.gif

We've got some great refs in the WCHA (e.g. Campion), but it seems like a couple of these guys will never change and will always be making bad calls. --Frustrated

I agree with Solbes on the lack of a penalty call for delay of game, however it was Ryan Stoa that knocked the net off of it's moorings. I kinda felf bad for UMD fans the way their kids played their arses off and really didn't get as much (points wise) as they deserved. I guess if Minnesota would have lost the way UMD lost, I would have felt snakebitten... keep your heads up... alot of teams that are normally league powers are down this year so you guys should probably be fighting for a top five finish and home ice in the first round of the playoffs.

Did somebody say OT goal????

hirshwinnervsumdkx4.gif

I thought the Dawgs played great, especially the last game. I just can't believe nobody has mentions what a sweet shot that was by Hirsch in OT!

I sure hope they don’t over look SCSU next weekend. They could give them some problems. SCSU’s goalie is really good.

By the way, don’t waste your money on the McDonalds McRib sandwich this time around. I just had one and they are only 25% as thick as they used to be! Just looking out for my fellow FMers.