• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

After further investigation,the city has permits to do all this drudge dumping into foster arend.Believe it or not,they say it will settle away in time.A week or so after they quit dumping.They were unaware of the stocking of the fish just before hand,because their contact was done with the dnr in Lake City and there was'nt communication with Crystal springs or the Lanesboro office.The whole thing seems to be one big mess that hopefully won't turn foster into another silver lake! Cause with all that fill it's going to breed alot of weeds!!!! I hope the city is ashamed of the way it's dealing with it's dredging.The one clean clear spring fed fishery we have and they INTENTIONALLY dump crap in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! confused.gif

Maybee i am wrong but is there not a law that states, for how ever many of wet land acres you fill you have to create new?

I believe there is something like this on the books, but I think the language is such that if you remove or completely fill in a wetland then you would need to set aside a certain amount of acres to establish a new wetland. Technically, the city isn't completely filling anything in, simply dumping dirt in the gaping holes of Foster. While I do not support tarnishing a fishery, the sediment will settle and may make more of the lake fishable in the long run. Just my two cents!

Great leg work Reel Man I've been wondering what was going on.It is amazing what they are trying to do to keep people from drowning out there, in most of the cases the victims were no where near the beach and they were swimming after hours.The only way to keep people from drowning at Foster Arends is to fill the whole thing in and then they'll just go somewhere else frown.gif

By the way Andy, happy birthday.

I do have sympathy for all the people that have drowned in fosters but arent the majority of them teenagers that were out having a few drinks for the night? I mean by all means I can't say that i havent done it but if thats the case you just need to be smart about what your doing and know that the lake has springs and will be cold water along with the fact that it has a designated swimming area. An alternative to that may be to enforce the ten oclock closure of the beach onto the whole area of the lake rather than trying to shallow the place up.