• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Benelli Nova ??????

hoggs222

I just bought a Benelli Nova pump. The guy at Gander told me that I can shoot slugs through it without changing the barrel. Is this true, I don't want to ruin it. This is one of the main reasons that I bought the gun.

Just put in your improved cylinder choke and you are fine. If you are using the regular barrel be sure and shoot rifled slugs and not sabot slugs. The sabot slugs are for rifled barrels and the rifled slugs are for smooth bore barrels.

Hoggs,

My dad bought a benelli nova thursday on the way to lac qui parle. He let me use it all weekend because he has a super black eagle. It is a nice gun, but if you plan on using it for goose hunting and shoot 3&1/2's prepare for a sore shoulder becuase it gives you shoulder a good thump smirk.gif

Ryan

Iv'e got a Benelli Nova and like it a lot. Benelli makes a "Recoil kit" for the Nova you can buy to install in the stock. It takes sting out of using the 3 1/2's.