• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rut!!

David Frank

The only activity I saw today was from 9:30am-1:00pm.I'm thinkin about sleeping in tmrw and just hunting from 8:30 til dark instead of all day.

Matt-

Just wondering what zone you are in? If ya don't wanna say that's ok too. I am in 8. I will be back over tomorrow night, hunting through Wed. I am hoping to score this week! Hopefully we will both have a pic on here soon!

Well Good luck!

I just got back from North Dakota.We did get one nice 11 pointer.The buck are starting to chase the does very little.Most does still have thier fawns with them.We saw 3 bucks chasing does for four guys all weekend.Still a little time to go before it all breaks loose.

Cybermuskie, I'm in 10b. 8 was on my list but 10b was my preference. This city hunt is unbelieveable. My plan worked out perfectly though I didn't shoot. Had a few cocktails last night and made it into the stand around 9:30 and had a fawn (who won't leave since I killed it's mother a week ago) watch me climb into my stand and take a few pics. Got down at 12:30 and moved a stand, grabbed lunch and back in the new stand by 1:40. 15 minutes later had a nice 8 chase 7 does all around me and had deer coming by the rest of the night. Here's a few pics from today. First one is the fawn..the deer that won't leave me alone and the second is the pic that turned out best of that 8pt.

s5030791qb4.jpg

The 8pt came right under my stand and was all over beneath me. If I wanted to take him I would've tried to get him to stop but he was running does and doing his thing so I left him alone. Wish I could have got a closer pic of him but they all turned out blurry. This was at about 20-25 yeards. s5030797xb2.jpg

so far here in N.C iowa the rut is getting hot. guys are seeing bucks chasing does quite a bit, i had the chance to go hunting with a buddy where a group of them lease some land.( they are always bragging about the BIG bucks up there!) uuum! hmmm!! no brag ! just fact!!20 min. on stand i had the biggest 8pt. i've ever seen.( 150 + class!) i got to watch him at 20 yds. for 5-10 min.( always facing me!!) finaly he jumped back over the fence where he came from, and made a scrap .a little later had a very nice 10pt, go by , but out of range.later, i had a little half rack at 6 yds.( i haven't shot a deer for serveral years) but having 40 min.of daylight left, i kept wondering what else mite come by? nothing . oh well! no regrets! the next week should be grat here!

Hey Matt

Just got back from the hunt last night, and even though I didn't shoot it was pretty good. The first and the 3rd day I had 5 different bucks running around me. Nothing huge by any means, but I think giving a few more days the rut hunt will be even better. The 2nd dayI was out and I heard a snap behind me so my heart started beating, looked back to see some guy out taking a walk eight under my stand at 9a.m. Needless to say i was a bit upset, but what can you do. Then I heard someone out on the walking trail carrying a wind chime! confused.gif Never heard that one before! Maybe they thought we might mistake them for a deer! haha I am headed back Monday night, so hopefully next week!

Good luck!