• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

our Hotel

blap

Hey everyone, We are staying at the Days Inn on French Island. Can anyone tell me if its a nice place or not? Also are their any good clubs around there to go have drinks? Dancing,etc? Does anyone know if the bar at our hotel is any good?

Thanks

Brian

Just find the bars in Lacrosse, it's pretty self explanatory from there. Johns is a good time, but packed. Good scenery. Bodega has an awesome spread of beers and live music, but kinda granola. Del's has awesome bloody mary's. The Helm is a cool bar; get upstairs. The Library/Brothers are typical frat bars. Coconut Joes is a dance club. All this and more (20+ bars) in about a 4 block area. Cross the bridge on Clinton and turn south (right) 53. After about 15 blocks it splits into 2 oneways, stay right. You are now on 3rd. Look for a parking ramp a couple of blocks up on your right. Follow the people. Johns is the first bar south of the parking ramp.

Quote:

Just find the bars in Lacrosse, it's pretty self explanatory from there. Johns is a good time, but packed. Good scenery. Bodega has an awesome spread of beers and live music, but kinda granola. Del's has awesome bloody mary's. The Helm is a cool bar; get upstairs. The Library/Brothers are typical frat bars. Coconut Joes is a dance club. All this and more (20+ bars) in about a 4 block area. Cross the bridge on Clinton and turn south (right) 53. After about 15 blocks it splits into 2 oneways, stay right. You are now on 3rd. Look for a parking ramp a couple of blocks up on your right. Follow the people. Johns is the first bar south of the parking ramp.

I'm sorry could you be more specific with directions? You're awfully vague. smile.gif Sounds like this isn't your first rodeo?

Oh, I may have downed a beer or twenty while I lived there. GrandDad Bluff, The coulee's in the fall, the river in summer, Oktoberfest; One of the best years of my life. I'd love to get back there, but it's tough to find a good paying job.

I will second the Bodega, definately granola, but awesome beer selection, better than anything I have found up here. Basically drive through the neighborhoods, there is usually a number of neighborhood watering holes every 2 blocks. Sloop John B's or Sloops (help me here McGurk) is close to french Island, on4th street. The main streets downtown are 3rd and 4th street. Buzzard Billy's downtown is a pretty good dinner, but not much for nightlife. THere is a bar upstairs. If you are looking for the best Fish Fry (in my opinion) drive south of LaCrosse to Stoddard, and go to Rocky's supper club. Hands down the best fish fry I have ever had.

Good luck.....Just remeber, WI doesn't mess around when it comes to DWI and out of state drivers

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Nope not me.  May want to go nextdoor and ask around?  
    • smurfy
      Looks to me like Leech brought his chair home!!😅😆
    • Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.