• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mid day deer activity?

Tippman

Are there any diehards out there seeing deer during the middle day hours in your stands? Or more likely for all with trail cams, getting much activity during mid-day hours? My last two days I haven't seen a deer on stand early or late.

i watched a fork make six scrapes yesterday at 10 a.m. i didn't see anything all morning and when i was getting ready to get down i saw something moving 150 yrds off. i finally realized it was a leg moving. i grunted and immedeately he headed my way. rubbing on every other tree on his way. i had trail cam pics of him at night (no timer on my camera) from a couple days prior.

Last October, I really hit it hard the last week of October and first week of November. I bowhunted every chance I got, which meant some 11-3 shift's in the stand, as I was on a stretch of nights. I saw deer every time out!!! Granted you have to be in the right area, which in this case was a bedding area close to a small green field. If you have a spot on the edge of real thick, nasty, cover a mid day hunt may just suprise you. The bucks are fired up and starting to search for does, even though the does won't be too receptive for about another week or two. This time of year, get out there cause you can't shoot 'em sitting at home!!!

Brian

bmc hit er on the head, starting soon...probably next week, the bucks will be moving all day long, any time can be the time, just need to put your time in the stand whenever you can, if you can find a funnel area that is located between bedding sites, you have struck gold and have a very good chance at scoring if you put in the effort.

Well I finally got some pics taken from my trail camera right in the middle of the afternoon. Now if only it weren't my brother finding the thing out scouting and mooning it! blush.gif

I would agree with stratosman,pretty soon you can hunt anytime of the day and have a chance at Mr BIG. smile.gifThis is the time of year that he waits for all year.I would be on a terror also.

im not going to say people on here complain that they dont see any deer on any huge bucks but the way i see it, if you do your home work right you will get a chance at any deer or even the big one. deer are moving during mid days most of the time, its just where. its just up to you to find out where, thats the part of the hunt. you just need to get out there and spen more time hunting other wise your not going to get a chance at the big one.

Quote:

im not going to say people on here complain that they dont see any deer on any huge bucks but the way i see it, if you do your home work right you will get a chance at any deer or even the big one. deer are moving during mid days most of the time, its just where. its just up to you to find out where, thats the part of the hunt. you just need to get out there and spen more time hunting other wise your not going to get a chance at the big one.

I hunt the same area as my son and we do the same thing and yet he sees 4 times the big boys.You can be lucky as he is this year.I also hunt 2 times more days than he does.

Most years I will see the same amount of nicer deer,but not this year.I wish I could have seen the deer he has in the last few weeks even if the majority were out of range a little.

It is true that the more time you spend in the woods the more deer you should see.Some just have a little more luck.

Last year I shot my buck at 1pm in early november. he was hot on the trail of a doe.

Saw and shot at an eight pointer around nine thirty this morning. i hit a twig i couldn't see and it went wide. i hate it when that happens. oh well at least i didn't wound him and there is still plenty of season left.

If the deer are moving on their own I have always seen the most between 9-12. As a mater of fact, I had a nice fat fork horn come by me this morning at 10:30. He's hanging in my shed now!!!

Hunted this afternoon and tonight. Most activity was in the late evening, but I did have a small buck chase a doe across a cut corn field at 2:19 PM.

Hunting 1/4 moon phase times are 2-3 pm every year every month on the up side and down side of the full moon.Weather plays a big part in this.I'm not saying the deer wont be moving early morning late evenings but a good portion of deer will be on the move and this time of year that means the bucks will be as well

I have posted this over and over.

Half moon phase you'll see more deer around 10 am.As the moon gets more towards 3/4 to full the deer will change about 1 hr it will be either around 9am or 11-12 am.Once you find out what time this is you'll have about 5-6 days to get a crack at the deer they will feed about the same time frame during the full moon phase

Just by talking with a few hunters that live up north heres what i got.These times dont always tend to follow the deer times up north but they have said once they saw deer at 9 am when i see deer at 11 am it was the same thing every month when the moon phase is 1/4 moon ect.....

I know it's hard to go on a deer stand at 9am and hunt until 11 am when the normal hunting hours are early morning and late afternoon.This goes back to old school hunting

At least 80% of the deer that I have on camera over the past couple of months have been filmed durring the day and without fail, every time that I have moved the camera (every couple of weeks, useualy in the early afternoon)I have gotten pictures of deer or bear within two hours of my leaving the area.