• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lets see picts of your duck hunting rigs

had to smile when i saw that pic.... were you hunting on middle C. perhaps? we hunt around those parts. i saw a fair number of bills this last weekend. how did you fair? chasing roosters in IA this weekend so probably won't be up until deer opener, but hope to get one more shot at the ducks by coming up friday before opener.

did poor we didnt get to hunt where we wanted and tried something new, didnt work out. saw a lots of ducks on saturday, not near as many sunday. Jonah

Its kinda the less is more philosophy with me. smile.gif

I hunt somewhat small water, and I use either the duck boat in the photo or a fiberglass canoe. The boat pictured was actually made by Larson a number of years ago. I can get into some tight spots with these boats, they maintain a low profile, and hide very well in the cattails. Don't need a boat launch with this rig either so I can stay away from the crowds. I can still cram 2 guys, a dozen GHG Over-Size goose floaters, and 3 dozen mallard & bill dekes into the canoe.

chrisadamcz3.jpg

figured that lake would be a zoo. seems to be a few more duck hunters in that area lately . we try to stay on some of the smaller ponds. i've hunted that lake during firearms deer and did ok. you were right about sat. had to have 150 plus bills circle thru my dekes, but all of them wanted calm water away from the dekes in the bays did scratch a limit but had to do a little sneak and shoot (not easy with a dog) to get my last couple of birds

Not a real good pic, but my rig is the Otter Stealth 1200. Just right for me, the dog, gun/shell bag, 3 doz duck decoys, and 8 goose floaters. Yeah, it's a little crowded, but not bad! grin.gif This boat is unbelieveably stable!!!

102306fq1.jpg

Brian

Quote:

This boat is unbelieveably stable!!!

I've hunted out of an Otter Stealth 1200 a couple times this fall with a buddy of mine (his boat). Is it stable? Oh yeah! Unbelievably stable just like you said. It really is a great little hunting boat. I really like the water tight compartments on it too!

how big are they? are they heavy? do any of the big outdoor retailer's carry these? I would love to find another way besides walking thru the sludge and much in my waders trying not to fall over

most of them do, I have seen them at cabela's, sheels, and gander. i just ordered one i pick it up at the end of november, really excited to be getting it. Jonah

311 Hemi...

your boat is an Alumicraft "Ducker". I believe it was last made in the late 60's or very early 70's. Some come with "stake or pole holes" in each end, where you can push a pole down into the bottom to anchor yourself and some, the newer ones I think, don't. My dad and uncle upgraded from the old heavy fiberglass boats to the new aluminum boats in about 1970. They are a very good shallow water boat, but extremely hard to find.

good hunting

tc

Hmmm... It sure is a Ducker. I totally missed that the first time I looked at the picture. Congrats on owning a great boat! Its probably one of the most desirable and sought after "traditional" duck hunting boats around.

Here's a few photos I found on the net.

ducker2.jpg

Wow....thanks for the info guys!! I knew it was older but has worked very well for me. It does have the stake holes. It has seen a lot of use and the rivets are starting to wear through on the bottom.....I will need to work on restoring this in the next few years and have someone do some metal work on the rivet areas.

It was givin to me from my great uncle soon before he passed, along with my Browning A5 and a few other rifles. Unfortunately I never did get to hunt with him, but will be up at the cabin deer hunting next weekend and will get to listen to my dad and his friends tell all the old stories about him. RIP Frank!

We lucked out several years ago and got an Alumacraft Ducker for $300.

If you haven't ever see what they sell for, your jaw will hit the floor so hard it will shatter.

I have seen them for sale upwards of $1250 a few times.

Absolutely fantastic boat! Treat that baby nicely. Its a legend and nearly impossible to replace.

• 2 years later...

these are last years pics its a 18ft mod vee jon under those weeds and this year I am turning my 10 ft jon into a water layout blind. I'll have pics when its done

240.jpg

242.jpg

16 foot 91 lowes roughneck with a 04 60 hp merc. and custom blind.

[img:center]2009_09_05_1484.jpg

[img:center]2009_09_12_1625.jpg

[img:center]2009_09_12_1624.jpg [img:center]2009_09_12_1627.jpg

nice rig cutter but how you gonna pull cats into that flatbottom laugh I really like the heater set up and the way the steering is setup

I am going to make a rule.

Every that posts a picture of their rig must take me hunting this fall.

In goes into effect now!

Sounds good RRR. Me my brother elwood and yourself should hook up and do some diver hunting this year.

Sounds like a plan.

I went and spent some time on the water this evening at one of my favorite duck hunting lakes.

I saw massive amounts of Wood Ducks and Blue and Green Wing Teal.

The water level is way down and that has been great for the Wild Rice and other vegetation.

This lake now has multiple spots to hunt, compared to last year where there was 1 great and 2 good spots.

There looks to be at least 3 great spots and 6 or more good spots.

Hey RRR thats not fair when you post a pic of your rig you already hunt out of your own boat grin I do like the plan that cutter hs thou

Thanks french. I cant take all the credit. Me and my brother went in on it together. And we bought it like that from a guy down in Iowa. He did a heck of a job on it.