• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What would you do?

I've already made up my mind on this subject, but wondered what others here would do if in the same scenario.

** I hunt alot on a WMA where the use of Robo ducks is NOT allowed. Last weekend I was surrounded by three other groups of hunters, two of which had Robo ducks. I am 100% positive they were robo's as I glassed them and we had zero wind. This also happened the two prior times I was at this location and it gets frustrating when most of us play by the rules and others right next to you break the rules. Also, they were not pulling on any strings to these ducks... What would you guys do?

Call TIP and if I saw them at the landing remind them that it is illegal. Even get the license plate and call it into TIP

no question about it Buzz, make the call. We hunters that follow the rules have to protect the integrity of good hunters. If for some reason they are not breaking the law you have lost nothing.

I was hoping everybody would answer correctly, and you did. I made the call and talked to some guy at the DNR and they are planning on getting setup right were these guys have been "cheating" the system. I plan on being out there to see it all unfold. grin.gif maybe I'll bring my large zoom camera with and get some pics... tongue.gif

Quote:

I plan on being out there to see it all unfold.
grin.gif
maybe I'll bring my large zoom camera with and get some pics...
tongue.gif

Can't wait to see some photos! smile.gif

Is it a totally inclosed WMA? I think if it has private around it it is ok. Correct me if I'm wrong. Because a WMA I hunt has guys using them all the time. only about 20% of the surrounding lake is a WMA.The rest is private land surrounding it.

Kodiak, I don't want to say right now which WMA for obvious reasons, I hope you understand.

Doser, you pose a good question and I don't know the answer, but when I called the DNR they informed me that this particular location is one that you cannot use electric powered ducks. If anybody else here knows the answer to your question, it would be good to know.

Tealitup,

Shoot me an e-mail, I may be able to meet up saturday morning.... you still have it?

P.S. This is the list none of us EVER want to be on....

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/enforcement/revocations.html

on the subject itself, I would agree about calling tip.

Also, I looked at that list on the link you posted. 3 people I graduated highschool with were on there, 2 for big game and 1 for fishing. Worst of all, I know all 3 of them are methheads. I Wish their hunting rights/guns would be taken away forever. The fishing violation I am ok with 1 year.

Some interesting comments and observations in relation to the list/link posted by Buzzsaw. First, I noticed how the vast majority of the induviduals are from outstate areas, and not the Twin Cities. Secondly, I was expecting most of the people to be in their late teens and early 20's. Although there is no shortage of those, I think there are quiet a few older people 40+ on those lists. Some interesting things to ponder...

Quote:

if I saw them at the landing remind them that it is illegal

Not a good idea. People can be very unpredictable.

I agree with you Ron! Besides, it's more fun to watch the law handle people like this. I'll be honest, I had to think it through a few days before calling the DNR on these guys... I kinda look at it like a brotherhood... but if one brotha is stealing (so to speak) from another... then it's time to take care of the problem.

Okay, I just spoke with a CO that handles this area and after he asked me a bunch of questions broke the news to me that I'm sure will enlighten alot of us....as the rule is written right now, it is confusing. here's the deal... it is prohibited to use a motorized "robo-duck" decoy on water "totally enclosed" within a WMA... BUT, if there are other bodies of water that run into this area that are not within this WMA then it is completely LEGAL to have a "robo-duck". He assured me that when the rule was written, it wasn't meant to have this loophole if you will, it was meant to help ducks out. Therefore, I am here to tell you guys that the location I am hunting on is completely okay to use robo ducks on and I feel like a knob shocked.gif With that being said, it is Gores pool in Hastings. I do however hope that we have learned something from this thread, I know I have!

Bummer Buzzsaw. Would have been cool to see those guys get a talkin' too.

I agree with Boilerguy, time to go get a flock of spinners now. smile.gif

It just goes to show you that the person in the St. paul office answering tough questions can be wrong and it is best to talk to the CO that is working that specific area. I already have a Roboduck, but I actually went out and bought the Winduck (wind powered) so I could get some movement in my dekes... oh well, it was only $25.00. Hope this info helps some people out, thats what it's all about. grin.gif