• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone still using their fishing boats in the St. Cloud area?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well I spent the MEA break up on the Cass Lake chain fishing with freinds and family with good results. I've talked to a few guys in the St. Cloud area who are still getting out and having good success on the walleyes.

It's really getting to be crunch time for me. I need to get some stuff done in prep for deer season but want to get in one more trip to the lake. I need to get some seafoam mix through my motor before I put it away. I could do this in my yard but would be letting a fishing opportunity get away if I did that. wink.gif

Is there anyone still out there fishing and having some success? laugh.gif

my shorefishing hot spot is slowly dying away. last night was my first night in a month and a half that i didn't get one, not even a bite frown.gif. there's two more places i need to try before i give up on them, then bring on the ice!!!

the river has been good and steady by Sartell. Walleyes have been banging the sucker minows like a screen door in a hurricane.

Borch, like you my time has been crunched and had to make the hard decision last week and put the boat in storage.

Now I'm just counting down the days until we have safe ice to get the trap out and punch that first hole!

I drained the tank yesterday and am putting the boat away this weekend. This is one of the earliest years that I have put it away.

Just don't have the enthusiasm this year.

Tom B

Nothing wrong with that, just bottle it up and let it explode for ice-fishing!

A lot depends on how deer season goes and the weather. My last trip was a bust but it's still great to get out. Who knows, maybe one more trip. wink.gif

Shouldn't of put the boat away just yet mad.gif I didn't think ole Paul Douglas had a few more 50 and 60 degree days up his sleeve.

Going to drop a line in horseshoe today on the way to the marina. Tried to take it out last Saturday but the lake was half frozen. Oh well, gives me one last chance before I start renting the cabin to the ice-fishermen and snowmobiliers.

I know a guy who is still doing pretty well on the chain. Good Luck when you get out.

I got up there a little late and it was a bit windy for a 28' pontoon boat so I just brought it over to Richmond Marine for the winter. Any ice fishing tips for the winter up there? I was thinking about buying a snowmobile for the ice fishermen who might rent the cabin. Is it worth it on the chain or too dangerouse because of the current?

As you know ice is never safe at any given time. With that being said, plenty of areas on the chain are snowmobile accessible. I would really caution the bottle neck areas and the main river channels.

Away from that, many of the locals use it and I haven't heard any problems the last several year. However if someone didn't know those areas I've listed above, I'd be a little leary about them being on the ice during the evening.