• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lost and Found

SalmonMan

I don't know if there is an actuall lost and found or not but this morning someone broke into my truck and stole my gps and a few other things right from my driveway. Please keep an eye out for a Lowrance I Finder Pro Gps with my name and phone number engraved across the whole back. If found there is a reward, had it for two years and it is an important part of my arsenal for the outdoors. Thanks - Jason

HEY SALMON MAN,

AS SOON AS I AM DONE USING IT I WILL RETURN IT,YES I DO NEED THE HELP WITH THE SPOTS YOU WORKED HARD FOR BUT I NEED THE INFO SO I CAN BEAT YOU IN NEXT YEARS DERBY.

LOL JUST KIDDING, SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS , THAT SUCKS. WE FISHED THE SAME REEFS ON MICHIGAN, LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT MY LOCATIONS, I HAVE THEM RECORDED AND BURNT ON DISC.

I appreciate the humor, remember this: Even with out my gps you still dont stand a chance.ha ha

THAT IS YET TO BE DETERMINED AND AT LEAST I WILL KNOW WHERE MY GPS IS.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED THE ZONES.

Watch out everyone we have a comedian in our midst. lol Thanks for the offer on the info. Not alot of people would give that kind of stuff out. Ya work so hard for all of it, pretty cool. We should hook up again on the ice for some winter eye crossing and info.

NO PROBLEM SALMON O ,

I WILL HIT YOUR SIGHT AN SEND ER DOWN, KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ON HOW HARD YOU WORK FOR IT. I WILL PUT FLAGS WHERE WE FISHED TOGETHER AND IM SURE YOU CAN FIGURE THE REST OUT.

ONE THINGS FOR SURE,YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE BAIT INFO ON THESE SPOTS OR THE C.C ON THE LAKE.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET IT AND GOOD LUCK PARTNER , SEE YOU ON THE H2O

Thanks for the info, I will get back to you when you send the info. Again, thanks alot!!

Jason,

You have my sympathy, I know how you feel, I am still mourning the loss of my tackle box and fishing poles from 6 years ago. I had a GPS marked with a ton of fishing spots and deer stands that were hard to find in the dark. My incident happened in Circle Pines, My son and I were at a friends house that had the boat, I went into his house, was about to sit down and have a cup of coffee, I sent my then 4 yr old son out to the truck to get the tackle box and the fishing poles, we were there maybe 5 minutes at this time. This was at 4:30 in the morning, My little guy comes running into back into the house, DADDY, DADDY, the fishing poles and your tackle box is gone (He had just graduated to a adult size Gander Mt. spinning reel combo)The look on his face could break the strongest of men. I still get tears picturing his face. My friend lived in a good part of town..well we thought. I had in my tackle box a 6 month old Magellan handheld GPS I forget which model, Just purchased several crank baits, mostly for Bass fishing, and, what I miss the most is the 35mm camera I got for Christmas from my wife and kids, my daughter does not like fishing, so, I only had pictures of my son,(camera stayed in the tackle box). and the enormous fish he had caught, okay, what he thought we enormous fish. This "a hole" could have gave me back the camera and kept everything else. I have 6 months of fishing with my son, all that are left is memories, the bad thing is he does not remember a lot about the fishing. I have been trying to make up for it and take him out even more.

It could have been a lot worse, what if my son would have been closer and this guy could have taken him. It really pisses me off that people steal. for whatever reason, drugs, nothing else to do...just for fun? People work hard for what they have.

Sorry to hijack your post, it brought back memories, just like it happened yesterday.

Good luck in finding your property.

I don't know what to say, my heart goes out to you and your boy... Ihave an 8 yr old daughter who is my best fishin buddy, winter and summer. She was crushed more than I was over the gps. She told me it was because what it meant to me. The best thing she said was " Now we'll have to go fishin twice as much to fill up the new gps with our old spots. That was great!! On the other side of this, I think more parents should be like you, kinghunter and myself and get those kids out and get them into something constructive like the fishing and hunting. It does teach many values.

Thank you and I Totally agree, get them out there and experience the thrill and ethics behind "why" we hunt. Not only for the kill, but, the respect one has for nature and all she has to offer, not only for the dinner table, the mind as well. My daughter did not pick up on the fishing she would rather try and catch a cow. grin.gif She loves those steaks.

My son cannot wait to take firearm safety, and, be able to go deer hunting. I tell him he only has three years to go. I get a strong hint that he wants to bird hunt too. I have never done that, I think it would be fun.

Stealing fishing tackle and equipment has to be the lowest form of theft, when they are caught nothing much is done to the theives. A note to Stmichael, my 3 boys are all grown men, we fished and hunted together from the time they could hold a gun or a fish pole. Those times were the best time of my life, spend all the time you can manage hunting or fishing with your sons and daughters, you will never regrete it. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

EFGH, I hear you, and feel the same way, I was going to take him out with me rifle hunting, but, I think I am going to wait until after and just take him out and sit in a stand, or get one of those blinds to sit in That way it won't matter if he is restless. I may pick up my bow license, just in case. wink.gif (this will be his first time sitting "watching for deer". Just like the first few times out fishing, if you make him wait out there too long he will get bored with it. I do not want that to happen.

He is into shooting bow, so, I think that this would be a great experience for him.

I was thinking about bringing some puzzle books along so if he gets bored he can keep his mind occupied. I do not think that is going to happen, the problem may be trying to get him to whisper when he talks. for some reason he thinks I am across the county when he starts talking.