• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

too much scent?

Dahitman44

The buddy of mine that refused to wear any cover scents because of all of the Big Bucks on his wall during the giun season is now using some cover scents.

He said last night that he may have had too much scent on. He has Scent Eliminator, coon spray and put out some doe squirt.

I can't believe that is too much. He is still hunting with old smeally leather boots -- I think that might hurt him more than anything.

Thoughts?

I cannot believe that is to much.I at one time used coon urine but now all I do is to keep my clothes as scent free as possible and play the wind always.

I agree. This doesn't seem like too much to me either. Playing the wind is VERY IMPORTANT. Even with a great cover scent, deer can and WILL smell you if they are down wind. Think of it this way.... if you have an air freshener (cover scent) in your house and someone makes popcorn, you will still smell the popcorn, just not as strong. Try to be as scent free as possible and combine that with only hunting when the wind is right and you should have success.

gosh, the deer in my area must be real stupid then. i hunted tuesday with out any cover scent at all and i had 11 deer walk right under me. the wind was blowing in there face but i still hunted the area. that tuesday i ended up shooting another doe. i might of been just lucky that i didnt get smelled out. i dont know about you but some times i do think its kinda worthless to spend how much money on that scent locker camo. i think you can just wear just about any kinda of camo and get away from deer not smelling you. thats if you do use cover scent the right way.

Twins --

Unreal. I use scent up the wazoo and still zippo. The deer were there the night before. Wind was right, everything.

Man, it ticks a guy off.

that sucks, sorry to hear that. i just shot another one from about 10 yards last night, this time i was on the ground right by her and she still didnt smell me. i think im just getting luck that they dont smell me. i honestly dont know what it is. what kind of scent are you usen?? i think the thing that helps me out alot is that i wash my cloths every friday night with scent killer.