• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cherish the moments....

Coach1310

Don't forget to cherish each moment afield, especially while in the woods this deer season. This weekend my Dad and I went and fixed up the stands. It was the first time in 7 years he has gone up to camp before season. It was great to spend more time with him in the woods then normal. You never know when that opening day may be the last or that walk in the woods is no longer possible. Each time I step in the woods up there I am drawn to the countless memories of past seasons. We often take for granted(at least I do) that you never know when these great rituals and traditions can be taken away from you. Make sure to "Cherish the moments....." this season. Be safe and good luck!!

AMEN! I cherish the time that I spent with dad in the field. There will be no more of them but I relive past ones each time I go hunting, as well as create new ones with my son. Don't forget to thank the Big Guy that makes it all possible. Have a good one and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

i never had that chance.( dad was always to busy) but i have enjoyed the time in the woods with my daughter, and time fishing, and golfing with my son!

My Grandfather taught me how to shoot and fish. Every time I see his old .22 in the cabinet I wish he was still here to enjoy the time outdoors. But I know he is probably fishing some big lake up above and enjoying every minute of it. Now whenever I can get together with my dad, or take my 4 year old daughter fishing that just becomes special time.

My Father passed 4 years ago and I still try to shoot a deer every year with the rifle he used when we hunted together every season.

Take every chance you have to hunt with your father if he hunts as it will end one day.

I learned nearly everything I know about the outdoors from my father. I now live in another state, but we still get together to hunt and fish at least 5 times a year. I hunt and fish that many times a week, but after the year is all said and done, looking back, it is always the hunts with dad that stick out.

Jiggin-matt and I are in a similiar boat. I have my gramps to thank for setting the hook in me and introducing me to a life in the outdoors. The many fond memories I have with him are cherrished and recollected often. I'm lucky because I still get the opportunity to continue to make those memories with him, and I sieze every chance I get.

Great posts guys. Hunting would be as special if you could do it everyday, but it would be great to find out!!! Opening day is inching ever closer!!!!!

I agree. Even stuff like flat tires or walking back to camp or the drive there and back are all good oppertunities to have fun and make memories.

the best thing I like is going in at dark, getting a lantern and some helpers and trailing and dragging out a deer. always exciting and fun.

Yup, remember those that introduced you to the sport. The spot my stand is in has been used by 4 generations, I thought I was so (Contact Us Please) smart putting up a stand there. Come to find out my grampa and his cousins had been shooting deer there for 40 years befor I was born. This year I pass it on to a nephew, hope he has a chance at a deer, I have shot 3 140 class bucks off there.

harvey lee, trying to shoot a deer every year with your fathers old rifle...wow man. That is awesome. I have the upmost respect for you. Reminds me of the time I passed a graveyard right down the road from my house. It was durring deer season and I saw an elderly woman put a buck's rack on the grave of her husband. She was crying and looked so lonely. It haunted me all day. BC

That is for sure. I don't know what I will do when I do loose my dad and he is not there to hunt and fish with me. I do cherish ever time him and I are out. I love being able to get him out because he still loves doing it. I get more excited for him to get a deer than I do if I get one. It is much like it was for him when I first started hunting. I know when the day comes I will be doing the same thing as Harvey with my dad's gun. He certainly has slowed down but hasn't missed an opening day for probably 40+ years.