• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are they Worthy?

Yesterday Tealitup and I shot some Mallards I think that we should mount the some of the Drakes one is a 3.5 curl and there were 2 more big 3 curl drakes are they worthy of getting mounted?

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Congrats sounds like you got some nice birds. I would think they are worthy of mounting but it is your opinion that counts. Good luck with your decision.

Big. Colorful. Multiple Curls.

What more could you want?

My buddy asked me the other day why our family hasn't mounted a drake mallard yet. I'm really not sure. I think I'm going to wait for a banded greenhead if I could ever get so lucky.

Our day was three drakes with three + curls; the other two drakes had full two curls. Then shot two wood ducks and a hen mallard (the hen was a mistake).

We then saw seven pheasants but none were roosters. OrionsXO put the sneak on a nice buck with his bow (after we just got done shooting 6 rounds in the shotgun), but was busted by the 12 other deer in the woods that we did not see. He did get about 30 yards away.

What a great day of hunting!!!

[image]http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0478dl9.jpg[/image]

Guess I can not post a picture. You can copy the part between the image part and see it

There are many things to consider when deciding to mount a mallard. Sounds to me like you have it all! Not only nice birds, but a story to go with it.

Dave Frank