• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday

gopherfisher_22

Gfisher... Im heading out tomorrow morn so ill try and post somtime before 6pm tomorrow night.Side note ,Water temp in the stillwater area is around 45.............Good luck out there.......

put a couple of nice saugers in the boat this morning - jig/fathead. Only out for a hour or two so didn't work it too hard. Was cooooold out there!

Well I started the day with alot of confidence in a good bite on eyes,but that faded fast.Newbie,I have to agree about the cold.I hit several spots today with only the silver bass active until this afternoon.About 1pm i checked out a spot i havent been to for a couple of years.1st fish was a nice slab crappie,after that it was one smallmouth after the other for three hours.Ended up with around 15 crappies and around 25 smallmouth biggest being very close to 4lbs,forgot all about the eyes for one day and it didnt seem so cold out either smile.gifFish were taken on jig and minnow and sonar baits

Croixeyes, sounds like you had a great day! Congrats. Sitting here looking out the window wishing I was freezing my ars off out on the boat...

Not sure the 'eye bite has really turned on yet. I plan on giving it a go next weekend.

Hey croixeyes,

Just a quickie for you, how do you work your blade baits? I have hada limited success with them and have always assumed you just "ripped" them? I have tried both sonars and cicada's...do you have a preference? How about color and size? Thanks for the report as well. I'll be working my way down there this week sometime and sure hope the plastic bite kicks in soon!!!

Tuna smile.gif

Cbreeze.........Ive tried several brands of blade baits,the one i have most of my success with is a no name brand,I dont even know where I got it.Anyway,colors I like are similar to colors I jig fish with.Greens,chartruse,silver,are some of the main colors I use.As far as technic, I do a lift drop and hold method,fairly aggressive.A little more aggressive if Im fishing deeper and less in shallow.Most times im getting hit on the hold after the rip and drop .The zip lures work pretty well except I dont like the hooks they use,hedons dont seem to vibrate as much as some others.Just remember when using them to stay vertical at all times,youll get optimum vibration from the baits that way...Good luck out there...