• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Benelli SBE II and Bushnell Holosight

I'm picking up the Benelli Super Black Eagle II Slug rifle after work. What do you think of the Bushnell Holosight? I'm not sure what to think of it. It looks nice but is it effective? Has anyone used it?

****Update****

I went to pick up the rifle and there's a delay! They said they don't know what the delay is but that we'll get an answer within 3 business day shocked.gif I've never had a problem purchasing a handgun OR a shotgun for that matter confused.gif

mechanictim

The Bushnell Holo Sight is a great in close sight and works good at longer ranges. Mine started out on a rifle barrelled Remington 870 but I moved mine over to a 44 mag revolver. Recoil so far has not affected the Holo Sight. Battery life has been impresive with the N-type batteries so far. The only draw back is finding a reliable source for batteries. Walmart usually has them as does Radio Shack.

My main reason for moving the Holo Sight to a revolver was the much quicker target aquisition with the holo sight. Most handgun scopes the target the scope and your eye all have to line up pretty well before you can even see anything through the scope. With the Holo Sight I can keep both eyes open and quickly line up the sight on what I am looking at, even if the target is moving, That can be tricky with a scoped handgun with more than 3x magnification.

If you are putting the Holo Sight on a shotgun get the new low profile one that they just introduced the XLP, with the universal mount. The older style Mini Holo Sight sits a little high for good eye alignment,shooting form and comfort, need to have a raised cheek piece for the stock of most shotguns. I think the XLP also uses AAA batteries wich is a big plus.

The Good :

Quick Target aquisition.

Durable

Works well in low light conditions

light weight, compact.

The Bad :

N-type batteries on Mini Holo Sight.

Hard to keep viewing area dry and clean.

As with any electronic device if something were to go wrong and it stoppedd working you have no sight on your weapon.

I think the Holo Sight is a good sight for a shotgun, but even better on a hunting handgun.

Mechanictim

MNDeerhunter

It might just be an inventory problem. Due to demand, I know that Benelli is behind in production about a month right now. Did you have to order the gun, or was it a stock item?

both items are in stock. WE put the gun together, got the scope picked out, filled out the paperwork and then the delay so I put 20% down to hold the shot gun.

Quote:

It might just be an inventory problem. Due to demand, I know that Benelli is behind in production about a month right now. Did you have to order the gun, or was it a stock item?

FarByondDrivn

Occasionally the ATF will delay for reasons that have nothing to do with you. A common last name or even a busy system at the time of the call could cause a delay. I have no criminal record and I get delayed every time I purchase a gun.