• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hey walli1

packman

my buddy and i just started to fish the river this year, and just about every time we have been out we have seen you,and by reading the stuff you have posted you get out alot. now i have read your bio you have 6 childern, how do you do it man. i am a 1st time father of a 5 month old girl, i went from fishing 2 to 3 times a week fishing to 1 once or twice a month. i actually start to go threw withdrawls and get cranky. tell me what is your secret to getting out and fishing, because the amount of time im getting to go out its going to take me 40 years to figure out the river. but thank god my little girl is worth it!!

With fishing there has to be a balance, God, family and fishing! I've been bless beyond words, five of my children are step kids and only one is mine but in my heart there all mine! I believe I've been a postive role model to them over the past 15+ years and hopefully they reflect that! I only have one under the roof yet and he's my pride and joy, I make it a point to be active in his life, taking the time to listen,help and teach best I can. I fish every weekend from ice out to ice on, the reason I fish so early in the morning is I can get out and get some fishing in and get back home to spend time with the family and do things around the house. There are very few times this year I spent the whole day on the river, almost all summer I fished from 4am to 9am, I'd like to fish longer but the family comes before fishing any day! When I first met my wife I fished everyday and every weekend period, fishing was my greatest love and it definded me as a person, boy was I off track. With God, a wife and children my whole life changed for the better! I was a dad it was time to be one! I devoted my time in them and their up bringing and God has blessed me and now years later when their older I once again have the time to go fishing and spend time in Gods great outdoors! You should cherish the time you spend with your wife and little girl, they should be your focus and take priorty over fishing. I've learned if you help out alot around the house and take care of the kid to give your wife a break, she'll be more then willing to cut you a break and let you go fishing! Good Luck!

HI YA, CUZ, sounds like you have been good on the croix. I had a guide trip each weekend. Saw the water temps drop 16degrees in one week. But I got my people on some great bites. You ever get up around the Cabela's store in Rogers on a saturday afternoon swing back to the marine area. I should maybe go to bed after 4am got home 20minutes ago. Work until 2am, get to Buffalo by 2:45, fished Buffalo lake from shore. Got wet today, fish are starting to come into the shallows. Will get better after the leaves sink. E-mail me when you can break away, We'll rip thier lips off. grin.gif chat later.

Hey Packman, I have to agree with Walli1 here. Put your family first. My wife and I adopted a baby girl on Christmast '05. I just got my first boat this year and was trying to go out all the time. My wife put a quick stop to that. Not that I was trying to neglect the family, just excited to have a boat. Anyway, we worked out a system where I could go Friday's after work and Sunday mornings. As long as I helped with housework and would watch the baby on Saturday or Sunday (sometimes both) to give her a break we didn't have an issue. Not that I minded taking care of the little princess anyway. It's nice to have that Daddy/daughter time. Kids are the best thing ever, couldn't imagine not having one. I told my wife to give it a couple of years and Lizzy will be going out fishing with me and then Mom will have a ton of time to herself. She likes that idea. Congrats on your 5 month old and remember, there will be tons of time for fishing when the baby is older. Enjoy now, it gets real fun from 5 months up. Many changes everyday so don't miss much of that.

packman.. after those 1st few months, the fiance realized it was easier to let me go fishing regularly than it was to deal with me having withdrawls!

My kid is 5 now and I think it was hardest dealing with a child coming into the world before it was ever born... prgnant women are tougher to deal with than kids! Kid #2 is on the way for christmas time over here.

Packman, I feel your pain and pleasures of having a little girl. Mine has just turned 2 and all I can say is to help handle some of my withdrawls which is almost all the time, this site makes you think you are out there. I also am glad there are a couple tv stations that are 24-7 outdoors. My daughter, now at 2 knows the difference between a crappie and a walleye and a deer and a elk. I can't wait for her to get a little older to be able to say, "honey you have a day off, I'm taking the kid fishing" win win...I figure, I have very few years before children develop their "own" routine and friends. I figure I have the rest of my life to fish. Keep fishing and it makes those times out that much more enjoyable.

thanks to you all for the words of wisdom, we just signed up for swimming lessons for the little one, she has to be atleast 6 months old but we are preping her to be the 1st flw female champ, the flash cards of fish and diffrent kind of lures is around the corner, maybe i should get her a fish tank and a little pole so she can learn to drag a jig or be able to tell she is on the bottom, who am i kidding it will be me using the tank and pole. must have done something right i have the go ahead for sat morning, will be getting out the winter boots and jacket. nothing better then the smell of cold air in the morning on the river.

oh good luck tomorrow, wish I could be there but you guys leave some for next spring when I get out again

HEY Packman, does your wife happen to work at a financial institution in Baldwin? If so, I believe she helped me finance my Warrior a couple of months ago. If not, then congrats anyway on your first. I noticed you live in Valley, I live in G.C. I have 2 boys, 4 and 8. They are a real trip sometimes, and along with my wife the family absolutley has to come first. Life is way too short and they grow soooo fast!!!!

Anyway, if you got out this morning how did it go? Goin out after work on Mon. with a buddy so I will have a report on Tues.

Take care all, Rob