• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Renzo decoys

HalloweenBuck

Has anyone have success using Renzo decoys for bow hunting? I used mine last year but it seemed to spook deer.

I had the doe and buck decs out last fall and had a dandy buck come in - when he saw them he was more or less indifferent to them, wasn't scared, didn't want to kick butt either. Will try them some more this year.

I used the renzo feeding doe one morning where I hunt over a field. There was a doe coming across the field...when she saw the decoy she stopped, stamped her feet, ran around in a circle, stomped her feet some more, then took off. That was the only time I've used the decoy. After that I'm a little gun-shy of using it again. I've heard does are more leary of them than bucks but I've never experienced the buck/decoy interaction. I havn't gave up on it yet...but I don't know if I'm too quick to try it again any time soon. Hopefully some others have more positive results or tips.