• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TRF Fishing Report!.

Was out on the river Saturday for a couple of hours. Ended up with 2 nice 16" Eyes. Was trolling a a shallow diving Shad Rap in 8-10ft of water repeatedly over the same area! I must have made 20 passes for the two fish, but hey, it worked. I would have fished more, but my bowmount was pretty well drained and put an end to the day. I might try again this weekend.

Talk to you later.

Been pretty tough over here too.. with all the diffrent weather fronts going through the baromiter has been jumping all over the place. had some luck last week but have not been out since

Check out the RP on Ebay.. Im going to give it a go on there and see what happens.

Rusty, believe me...I wish I had the funds to buy your boat! Maybe one day I'll have a River Pro? wink.gif Or rather maybe one day my wife will let me buy a River Pro!

I might get out again this weekend, I'll let ya'll know how I do.

I keep wanting to get out also but every time I get up and start getting myself syched up, it starts snowing and blowing every day.............

I hear ya! I sat in the house all weekend and did nothing! I really wanted to get back on the river, but just couldn't get myself pumped up enough to battle with the cold weather. I actually put my thermal's on and everything on Saturday, but ended up staying home anyways.

I'm heading up to LOW/Rainy River this Saturday, so hopefuly the weather will be decent this coming weekend. More than likely this will be my last trip out in the boat, then it'll be time to get ready for first ice and ice fishing!!!

Talk to ya later.

Dont tell me you went up there.. .........I beat my self up all weekend and wanted to go sooooooooo bad.. but did not have any one to go with so I just fished around here... sigh sigh.. Please tell me it was not good fishing... LOL LOL ....

yep I went and fishing was GREAT!!! Sorry you didn't get up there, you could have easily tagged along with me if I would have known? I ended up fishing with Curt Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. We easily caught our limits and I boated a 27" eye right away Saturday morning. It wasn't "the Best" fishing I have ever had up there, but still good. Friday was beautiful, but Saturday morning was pretty darn cold.

This was probably my last open water trip of the season unless we get another nice weekend soon. Now it's time to get the ice gear ready! grin.gif It looks like winter right now?

How did you do fishing in Crookston?

By the looks of this if it is close, there might be another day to come. I am off all next week, Mon-Fri. Hummmmmmm

6-10 Day

Extended Forecast

Flurries Partly Cloudy Mostly Sunny Partly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy

High: 29°Tonight

Low: 18°

High: 31°Tomorrow

Low: 16°

High: 32°Fri

Low: 19°

High: 37°Sat

Low: 31°

High: 51°Sun

Low: 31°

Monday

Cloudy

High 41°F

Low 27°F

Precip. 10 %

Few Showers Tuesday07

High 47°F

Low 33°F

Precip. 30 %

Cloudy Wednesday08

High 61°F

Low 28°F

Precip. 10 %

Showers Thursday09

High 39°F

Low 29°F

Precip. 30 %

Mostly Cloudy Friday 10

High 39°F

Low 25°F

Precip. 20 %

Hey Wiskers,

As of this morning there was a nice sheet of ice covering 99.8% of the visible river near the 8th street bridge. I watched a flock of geese come in for a landing and do a few cartwheels. Never laughed so hard in all my life. If this keeps up it'll be hard water fishing in no time.

Jason

Man I can see that happening.. the ice over here is soooooooooooo smooth you can hardly tell it is frozen. You have to toss rock out to see if it is hard or not. LOL

Some clear water now and will be very clear ice this year.. could make for a good winter of ice fishing and under water camera action.

I am heading up to the Rainy River on Wednesday morning temps in the upper 50's. Wiskers if your interested let me know.

Oh man, I was deer hunting and was hopeing to go Thurs.. You should have given me a call........ sigh sigh...got your message too late.

Nice fish! How big is that bad boy? Did you catch it in Crookston?

The river has been iced over here now for a while, so no fishing for me! frown.gif Man I can't wait for some thick enough ice!!!!

caught it in Crookston right in Central Park. I got 3 27" and one 24". Several Saugers. There was ice on the river this morning but I broke it all up so it would move down with the RP then fished all after noon. It was awesome.

130942.jpg

Sun-of-a-$&^#!! I was sooo bored yesterday, I would have gladly came with, but didn't see this till just now. I don't have internet at home, so I'm only online when at work! I was actually complaining to my wife about how much I hate this "In-Between" time of the year!

Over the weekend I probably spent an hour just sitting in my flip over ice house set up in the basement? My wife probably thinks that I have finally lost my mind! grin.gif

OMG.. I would never admit I did that but now that you did.. LMAO.. So did I!!!!!!!!!!!OK maybe not an hour but a good 20 minuets just checking it out.. I am going to sell mine and get a little bigger one. this one is great for one fella but if I want to bring the boy, it gets a bit crowded. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Is that bad or what.. LOL... I hate the warm weather and thin ice.. too much ice for the boat to break up and not enough to walk on.. sigh sigh sigh..

Hah...I knew I couldn't be the only person who has done that! Looking at the extended forcast, it shows some cooler weather next week. Who knows we might have walkable ice by the first weekend of December?

Talk to you later.

What kind of ice house you looking at getting?

I can't believe what I saw today!!! Driving past the 8th street bridge I saw someone already has a shanty out in the middle of the river. Someone please tell me that there is more than an inch of ice out there. Hell there was open water 2 weeks ago maybe less!

Good lord, you are kidding.. I was just testing the ice in Central park and it was about 1-2 inches in spots... nothing consistant yet.. Some one is a nut!!!!! Although, there is no current in that area so it might have thickened up sooner. Would be curious to see how much ice is there.

That was me...Just kidding! I haven't been out yet, but I'm gonna be out there this coming weekend. The river above the dam really doesn't have any current to speak of this year, so ice has been able to form pretty well. I'll go out tomorrow and test some areas just to see how thick it is, and I'll let ya'll know what I find. By this weekend we will have had a week of freezing tempuratures, and it should be no problem in select areas.

Talk to ya tomorrow.

well you make sure you let me know how it looks. I would be willing to make the trip for some eary ice fishing.. I am starting to get the shakes.. LOL...

I just talked to someone who was down there and he said there was "about" 4" of ice where they were fishing. I'm fishing on Saturday and Sunday for sure, if you have either day off you should come over. I will be down on the river sometime after 1:00pm on Saturday and should be out all day on Sunday. I'll still go down and check for myself, but right now it looks great for this coming weekend.

I was going to ckeck the ice depth today......but, decided not to. Man is it cold today! I did however see an ice house sitting smack dab in the middle of the river! Plus the house doesn't look like it's the lightest? Not sure how thick it is in the middle of the river, but I know my spot will be fine, and I wouldn't doubt if there's 6" or more there.

I'm willing to bet, we'll be rockin' this weekend! YeeHaw, Weez got some ice!!! grin.gif

Yah, I'm pretty sure the parking lot will be full of vehicles. Are you going down this weekend? I can't wait, man It's like I'm a little kid waiting for Christmas morning or something. grin.gif

Talk to ya'll later.

Was out for a little while tonight, caught a couple little eyes. Ice was about 9 inches thick where I was fishing, surprized there wasn't more people out then there was.

I only had a chance to fish for about 2 hours on Saturday Evening, and managed just a couple pike. One was around 30"'s with the other being a bit smaller. Had alot of fish show up on the Vexilar, but couldn't get 'em to bite. The two fish I did catch, bit when I was dead sticking.

I only fished the one spot, it was just to freakin' cold to move around late Saturday. It was nice and warm in my house, so I decided it was nice just to be out ice fishing again! grin.gif

I'm gonna be up on lake of the woods this coming weekend, and it looks like it's going to be a near perfect trip with warmer weather forecasted, good ice conditions and the fish have been biting.

BTW, The ice where I was at was 9" thick and I was fishing in 8' of water next to a weed edge.

Good luck fishing...

Man I sure would like to make it over there one day to give it a go. I have been out on the river here and I have about 8" here. Some Eyes but mostly Saugers, fishing in 18' of water. More than anything I am catching monster Mudd Puppys. I got 5 of them stinking things last night in about an hour. They were biting so fast the fish did not have a chance. LOL