• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grossman/ Favre Similarities

Down to Earth

Was it just me or did anyone else see the similarities between Grossman and Favre again last night? laugh.gif

Where is Madden when you need him?

I bet Grossman would love to be a superbowl champ, 3 time MVP and on top or near the top in just about all the QB records. grin.gif

It didn't just start last night. Grossman throws into double coverage on a continuous basis. Up until recently the Bears receivers came down with the ball. The Cards have a few good DBs and it was a different story. Grossman looked like one of the greatest QBs of all time for a month. Farve does that too for a few weeks. Then he throws four picks the next week.

Alrighty then, who'd we rather have QB for this Bears team .... a young-Rex or an OTH-Brett?

• 3 months later...

Quote:

Alrighty then, who'd we rather have QB for this Bears team .... a young-Rex or an OTH-Brett?

OTH-Brett for sure......LOL......Spurgeon Wynn would be a toss up.

You cant even put Grossman in the same sentence as farve. #4 way better ball player then #8

i am feeling you dude. i dont care what anyone says Favre is a STUD. to still be able to throw for 3,000 yrds a season is very good for how old he is. we will see him back next year to take out a few of Marino's records grin.gif

GROOSMAN SUCK and Favre will be one of the best QBs to ever play the game!!! You cant even compare the two!!! shocked.gif

Kind of funny I just had lunch with my brother and we talked about the superbowl and he said "Grossman is kind of like what Favre has become, he just kind of throws it up whereever and sees what happens...". Of course this was due to Favre having no players and diminishing skills and Grossman just being rotten!

i think grossman will learn to be a good one, like favre.

i was looking at his numbers, and he really didn't have too bad a game. one dumb throw and one that was underthown. other than that he was 20-28(manning 25-38) i think that lovie deserves some credit for the loss. thomas had like 115 with less than 20 carries. perhaps if he had 10 or so more touches, who knows cool.gif

lets not forget that the colts took mcnair and brady(for a half) out of the game. i'm just saying his numbers wern't that bad, not a ton of yards but good completion rate. i still think they should have run the ball a little more. don't get mr wrong, i was going for the colts, just think people need to back off grossman a bit.

i understand where your coming from. Fact of the matter is, they didnt win, but they stuck around and had a shot to win it at the end of the game

Grossman doesnt control the game at all... He need to do more studying for the game!!! When you tell the press that you didnt really do you homework for a game that tell me right there he doesnt really know what to do!!!! He is the leader of the team and need to know everying on the O starts with him!!! My .02

Bottom line and the Bears need to realize this fact! The sooner they get a good QB in their, the closer they will get to a SB ring! The more time they take getting in a better player at that position is time wasted away.. you can bet they will be having other teams overpay for some of their defensive players and soon! It's only a matter of time until they have missed that window of opportunity and they know it and so do Rex's teammates! TICK TOCK!!!

Any thoughts guys?

His QB rating was 28th in the league for anyone who played at least 8 games. He was 3rd in interceptions. He was the reason they lost the games they did lose. Give the Bears a decent QB and they don't lose a game all year (unless they still mail in the GB game at the end, including the SB.

Exactly what I asked my partner here at the office and my brother, "if they had a good QB, how could you beat them?" They have an awesome defense, they have good recievers and running backs and an OK line. The special teams play was unbelievable. Really the ONE glaring weakness of this team is Rex. Put a real good QB in there and I really want to know how anyone thinks they could beat them???

I think there is too strong a sentiment about how bad Rex is. He is definitely either end of the spectrum though, so he needs to show more consistency. I think that will come with experience for him. For any old-timers, if you remember some of the real "great" Bear QB's of old (ala Jack Concannon, Larry Rakestraw, Bobby Douglas and on and on), then in comparison I think Rex is more likely to improve if he continues to play alot. Having said that, and remembering this is a team game, he really needs a good Oline and good receivers if that is gonna happen though.

I say lay off Rex. So he didn't win the big one? He got them there, didn't he? Now, if he keeps up the terrible to good to terrible to good string early next year, then I agree they have to consider other QB options.

Quote:

I say lay off Rex. So he didn't win the big one? He got them there, didn't he?

Geno my friend, I have to totally disagree, HE DIDN'T get them there... his Defense and special teams carried him there. To say "he got them there" implies that HE was the man making all the winning difference making plays... he definitely was NOT this guy! Are you just saying that to get a response? Did I take the bait AGAIN? wink.gif

No Buzz, I didn't mean HE was the ONLY guy that got them there. You are correct about the "team" which is why I mentioned the Oline and receivers......I think we are meaning the same thing saying it two diff ways.

I guess the main thing I think is that he has the potential to improve so giving up on him now is too early IMO. Of course, should Favre become available to the Bears......and several others too, then they should consider improving the player at that very important position.

To me, "team" is the reason they got there. That and that ol' horseshoee. Nyuk, nyuk.

Buzz,

I think the appropriate statement would be that the Bears got there inspite of him. When he was good, he was really good but when he was bad it was el stinko. I think he tied Manning for number of games with a 100+ QB rating. But he was the QB and they did get to the dance so I guess he has to get his props.

Windy

Hes kinda like him, but in the same aspect, grossman is a person that can handle the game very very well. The best part about him is when he was in the perfect football mood, where he was running the games, and holding the team together, he was great. But down the line through the year, the man feel apart, and you could see it, just as well as i could, that the team was not the same when he was playing bad.

Well put Windy. Inspite of him is correct. He did tie Manning for the most games with the rating over 100 but then how do you get an overall rating of 68. You do that by also leading the league in games with a rating under 30. He is young and may improve but I still believe the Bears would have ran away with the Lombardi Trophy and the old Dolphins players never would have popped that case of champagne when the last undefeated team fell this year if the Bears had a decent QB.

Fishy,

I can't say that I disagree with ya, my brotha from anotha motha!

Windy