• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Good Warm Hunting Boots

Marshall1117

I would like to ask..What are some really good boots that I can buy for my wimpy feet! I would be able to sit out on the ice/deerstand all day if I could just find some good warm boots. Any suggestions would be great!

I would say the secret is really socks. I wear Smart Wool socks that I got at Sportsman's Warehouse in Coon Rapids. It's a combo of a thin merino wool liner and a thicker wool sock for $19.99. When the temperature is above freezing, I wear 600 gram thinsulate Rocky boots. If below freezing I turn to my Rocky boots with 1200 grams of thinsulate.

My feet were the coldest part of my body in any temp. until I tried the merino wool liner plus thicker outer wool sock.

and remember to get the boots a little big so you can move your toes with 2 pairs of socks on.

Tight feet = cold feet.

Cabela's has a good set of boots in 800-gr Cordura with Thinsulate for $60. I have had mine for 4 years now and really enjoy them. I got them about a half-size too big so that I can loosely lace them and wear an extra paid of woolies in case it gets real cold.

With the 800-gr Thinsulate, it isn't too warm if I want to wear them for hunting grouse, pheasant, etc but they are more than warm enough to take ice fishing! If you are close to a Cabela's they are more than worth checking out. And at $60, they are well worth it - most other boots like them are well over $100.

I frostbite my feet when I was a kid so I have always had a problem with cold feet. The smartwool socks do work great and to make sure you have at least 1000 grams of thinsulate. In my case I also have got a pair of those monster booties to pull over my boots when I get to my stand and that makes it so I can sit still for hours. If I wear my Ice Kings to the stand ( it is about a mile hike)I will have a back ache from wearing such a heavy boot.The booties I bought were from Cabelas.

I like the Irish Setter boots from Red Wing Shoe Co. They are expensive, but they are a MN company and they make quality stuff. I've had a pair of 400 gr. Thinsulate for over a decade, they are completely worn out. I now have a 800 gram Thinsulate for cold weather and walking in these you'll not get cold. Sitting with them, you need EXTREME cold to notice and then not many boots will keep you warm.

nothing beats (Graber Mycoal)Heat treat foot warmers.

Just cut to the size of your boot and instant heat.$2.00 for the warmest feet in the woods.Last all day long.If your feet get cold using these you better go see the Doc

I also agree with lawdog.Combine these 2 and you'll be able to sit -30 all day long and have hot feet.I use 6 a day late season.Put a couple on my back and 1 on each cheek sit all day long with no problem with half the clothes.Gets spendy but i waited all year for this and i'm not leavin my stand because of cold weather

You can't go wrong with the military mickey boots. You can wear a pair of thin socks and be warm all day. They are a little heavy, but not too bad. you can get them pretty cheap too.

i hear those big over booty things are suppose to be good. they look a little bulky to carry in and out but not too bad if you have room in your pack.

If you do not have to hike to your stand, get a 2000 gram thinsulate from Sportmans Guide for dirt cheap. If you do a little bit of hiking, stick with a 600 gram thinsulate and buy the over booty. With 600 gram thinsulate, all you need is something to block the wind from drawing the heat away from your boots. That is where the over booty comes in.

Finally, forget about wearing 2 pairs of socks. All the second pair does is squeeze your feet tight and that leads to sweating and cold feet.