• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bassmaster seires

lookincalifornia

hey,

does anybody fish the bassmaster weekend, or flw's bfl tourneys? was thinking of getting into them as a non-boater, but wanted to know if that would be over my head.

i wouldn''t mind starting smaller, but as a non-boater i feel like my options are limited.

really just gathering info right now while i update and upgrade my gear. i have been trout fishing alot and need to get back to a bass fishing mode.

if you have the money, its a great way to learn.. A club that is open is a great way to go as well. I'm not sure about california.. but here in Minnesota there are a couple of options that are smaller than the bassmasters weekend series that may be better to cut your teeth in for starters./.

Good luck!

thanks DD

there are lots lof small clubs out here, but i work second shift. therefore i can't attend the meetings. there is no weekend seires in cali yet. i gotta think they will get a couple of california regions soon. something like that seems to be my best option.

i have a buddy in arkansas who fished one and i know he is not the fisherman that i am. don't get me wrong, he can catch fish, but i always out fished him when we used to go out.

i guess i'll just have to wait. according to my high school goal list, i should have won a classic by now. and i have yet to fish a single tourney.

maybe i'll get one by the time i turn 40? grin.gif

I would encourage you to fish the series as a non boater. My brother did it this year and did well. He also was able to learn a lot about different fishing styles and make new friends. If you can cast a bait and reel it in you are qualified. I fished the series as a boater and had a wide array of fishing partners with different skill levels and methods of fishing. My brother had never fished a tourney before so at first was a bit intimidated but after the first tourney all apprehensions went away. He is actually going to regionals as a non boater. Good luck with your tournament goals. Good Fishing!!

I have two friends that are heading down to the championship. The series isn't as hardcore as you might think. Going as a non-boater would teach you a lot with out giving you a complex about being in over your head. The guy's I know that fish it, do so expecting to catch all the fish themselves. You will not feel pressured and you will learn.

thanks guys,

that is exactly what i needed to hear. i still have to wait for a california region, but when they get one, watch out!

• 1 month later...