• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the Bears for Real?

Windy City Walleye Hunter

The Bears showed why they are the best and the Cards showed why they are the worst.

Buzz

I don't know if the clock is ticking on Rex or not. We haven't seen the real Rex yet this season. To use a Windy-ism, he was playing out of his mind before. He isn't a Marino, or a Manning (We'll maybe Eli Manning?) But I do think the real Grossman is a decent enough NFL QB. He is effectively about a second year player and needs to pay his dues on the field. It will be a hard week to watch tapes. It doesn't matter anyway, apparently offense in Chicago is optional. Still not believing what I saw.

Quote:

The horseshoe the Bears have pulled from way up in there came up big again, thats twice this year! Two thoughts, one on a positive tone, teams of destiny win games they have no right winning 2. (somebody else mentioned) with Grossman at QB they will not go through the playoffs and super bowl without him doing that against a team that can take advantage of his absolutely horrible decisions! The cardinals also dropped atleast one easy interception! They can't count on luck to keep winning and in general they looked and played crappy, da bears are the most overrated team in the NFL hands down! They should have two losses and be looking at Griese at the starter, instead they have their fans thinking SB and nobody is talking about Griese... the clock is ticking in Chicago on Grossman.

All the negativity in this town sucks!

Do I think they are going to the Super Bowl, maybe and maybe not? Stuff happens, look at the 15-1 Vikes in 1998.

Why would we bring Griese in? We have the Amish secret weapon at QB known as Kyle Orton grin.gif

just like the Vikes game, the Bears didnt win this game, the Cardinals lost it.

On another note regardless of who you were rooting for that was a fun game to watch.

Quote:

just like the Vikes game, the Bears didnt win this game, the Cardinals lost it.

I agree. While it was a good game and the Bears defense came up big (as expected) the Cardinals still had the game in the palm of their hands and just gave it away...

Lots o' luck,

Yes, of course I'm negative about the Bears getting lucky (again) I'm not in any way a fan of theirs and don't like seeing LUCK rewarded so frequently to a team in our division. What's your take on your Bears?

Quote:

Lots o' luck,

Yes, of course I'm negative about the Bears getting lucky (again) I'm not in any way a fan of theirs and don't like seeing LUCK rewarded so frequently to a team in our division.
What's your take on your Bears?

I think Lovie summed it up nicely.

"Team of Destiny"

Quote:

Lots o' luck,

Yes, of course I'm negative about the Bears getting lucky (again) I'm not in any way a fan of theirs and don't like seeing LUCK rewarded so frequently to a team in our division.
What's your take on your Bears?

I guess the term LUCK is what I don't agree with all the time. I agree there is some luck involved with winning, but I also see playmakers making plays given the opportunity.

The flip side to that is Darren Sharper dropping a sure TD against the Bears. Was that Bears luck or a missed opportunity by the Vikings in a close game?

Schedule wise I see an opportunity for a good season, but on the flip side I see a schedule that does not prepare them for the playoffs.

I will not predict anything for this team, too many variables, especially only 6 games into the season.

I guess my take right now is if they are at home, they will be tough to beat. If they have to go on the road they could be in trouble. They have an easy schedule and with Philly losing this week, they are in the drivers seat. Now if they could get back to the Rex Grossman days instead of the Kyle Orton days, which they displayed last night, they'll be a lot better off.

Bears we not lucky last night, they were a team that looked horrible the 1st 3 quarters and got their butts in gear the 4th quarter, good teams tend to do that and Arizona collapsed.

The term "lucky" sums up the 3 Vikings win this year.

I think we are nitpicking on semantics here. Luck, fortune, hard work, and skill were all involved. Lets just say they pulled out a game they didn't deserve to win. It is a sign of a good team but there were plenty of signs that should make the Bears faithful worry.

They are about as FOR REAL as the Vikings are. The ref could have just as easily ruled forward motion stopped and edgerrin james down, instead of letting him get pushed back 5 yards by three guys and then the ball pops out. But hey, had that not happened alot of TV sets would have been turned off. And we wouldn't have this great story about how the Bears may go undefeated. When Lovie called them a "team of Destiny" he meant he has the NFL and the Refs in his pocket.

When the best kicker in the league last year misses 2 fG's and you win by 1 point, IT WAS LUCK.

When a team is trying to run out the clock and fumble on a qb/rb handoff without being touched, IT WAS LUCK.

Yes, the Bears are a good team. But I'm not going to say they are hands down the best team in the league, let alone one of the best of all time. Especially when they should have lost to a mediocre Vikes team and A bad Cardinals team, without Larry Fitz by the way.

Thank you!! That is what I'm talkin' about! You hit the nail on the head and any homer Chicago fan who thinks they deserved wins vs AZ and MN is absolutely certifiable! They have a decent defense, not as good as Denvers if you look at points allowed! and Denver's QB play is also weak!

Quote:

Thank you!! That is what I'm talkin' about! You hit the nail on the head and any homer Chicago fan who thinks they deserved wins vs AZ and MN is absolutely certifiable! They have a decent defense, not as good as Denvers if you look at points allowed! and Denver's QB play is also weak!

Who said anything about deserving wins?

Did they not make plays against AZ and MN after they were given the gifts?

Against MN recovered fumble at MN 37 with 3:25 left in the game. Drove the ball and scored a TD. Grossman to Davis, 24 yard pass play with 1:58 left to play.

Vikings got the ball back, first play from scrimmage was at 1:45, I believe they started from their own 30.

They proceeded to gain 8 yards on four plays, which included a 3 yard pass, a 5 yard run and 2 incomplete passes.

Not only did Chicago's offense drive the field against the Vikes to score, the defense also stopped the Vikes offense stone cold to seal the deal.

Why bring Denver into this conversation? Justification of what? Denver has allowed 37 points at 7.4 pts/g while Chicago has allowed 59 points at 9.8 pts/g. I guess the Bears are just O.K. then, I guess I can accept the "decent" defense.

Settle down, I picture you looking like your avatar and getting upset... thats scary!! My point is, admit that your team has been lucky! oh, and that Grossman is a horrible decision maker... shocked.gif All I'm saying is that Chicago has been receiving ALOT of gifts so far this year and I wouldn't count on getting them every week... shocked.gif

Quote:

Settle down, I picture you looking like your avatar and getting upset... thats scary!!

Dat picture is of Todd O'Connor, while dining on some baby back ribs. Thinking about Da Coach and Da Bears, possibly polish sausage.

It is football, last thing on earth I could really give a rip about, but it is a fun deal to watch and discuss with people, such as yourself Buzzsaw. But if you're going to look at everything through purple colored glasses, then I am going to have to challenge you a little. It's all in fun.

Trust me I didn't know half of that stuff off the top of my head, but while looking at defensive statistics, the Vikings are top ten or near top ten in many categories. Without Smoot they may be at the top.

I wonder if the Vikings are going the route of Chicago (2005), buld a great defense, and try and skate by with a game management QB (Brad). At least until Tarvarias Jackson is healthy and seasoned, then proceeds to light up the NFC North in a couple years.

Good post bud! grin.gif I can appreciate everything you said... especially this..

Quote:

Without Smoot they may be at the top.

That is so true, he has been a big disappointment. Oh well, all in fun....

P.S. I still think the Bears are lucky.... grin.giftongue.gif

Buzzsaw,

Do you know who is Lucky this weekend?

Answer the rest of the NFL, because the Bears are on their Bye week. grin.gif