• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the Bears for Real?

Windy City Walleye Hunter

I'm not being a wise-in-heimer or nothing and not looking to rile up any Cheeseheads or Vikings fans but was looking for honest opinions. As a huge Bears fans, I am a little (well OK, alot) prejudiced as to my opinion of the team this year. Just wondering what everybody else thought out there.

They have a chance at leading the league in scoring while allowing the fewest points, a feat that has not occured since 1964 Buffalo team from what the radio guys are saying.

Should I be looking for Super Bowl tix and hotel rooms in Miami? Who will be their biggest challenges during the season and who do you think they would meet in Miami if they make it? Windy

It's lookin' good for them right now. Look to be the best team in the NFL. If they stay healthy, I can see them going to the big game. I can see them playing Cincy or the Ravens in the SB. As a Viking fan, I wish ya luck, except against the Vikes of coarse.. Junky....

They look ok tongue.gifgrin.gif I don't know about booking hotel rooms in Miami yet. Although I don't know of a team in the NFC that will stop them...

It's definately lookin good. I wouldn't go buying super bowl tix yet, however.

I can see the bears taking the NFC Norse. I see Philly taking the NFC to the super bowl.

They're definately one of the elite teams in the NFC. Possibly a super bowl team, but we will have to wait and see. I don't think they will win the SB this year.

There's no doubt they are peaking early and got lucky against the Vikes. It really comes down to how they are playing when it matters, which of course is in late December and january... I wouldn't even start getting myself worked up until later in the year, but thats just me. They have a very good defense, but I'm not sold on that offense all of the sudden being so good, they need to prove it over the course of the year.... the NFL wants parity and they've got it, two years ago the bears were a joke and now they're a darn good team, in two more years they could lose alot of players and be what they were for the past 20 years... crappy. Enjoy it while it lasts.

They have a very favorable schedule, so barring injury they have a good chance with going through the season with only 2 maybe 3 losses. They've already proven they can handle Seattle and the NFC South is pretty weak this year. Should come down to Philly and Chicago in the NFC Championship Game. Too close to call at this point.

I am also a Bears fan, avatar should be a hint.

Here is the schedule of the remainder of the season.

I say the Giants, Patriots and Rams are potential losses.

Time will tell, just hope that everyone can stay healthy.

10/16 Cardinals

10/23 BYE

10/29 49ers

11/5 Dolphins

11/12 Giants

11/19 Jets

11/26 Patriots

12/3 Vikings

12/11 Rams

12/17 Bucs

12/24 Lions

12/31 Packers

I'll say they get smoked this weekend by Denny Greens Cardinals on their new field. Pretty tough to do well every week. I mean heck they almost got beat by the Vikings for Godsake!!!! Just kidding the bears look good. Strange to see then with an offense!!!

I am kind of with everyone else. I am not ready to crown the Bears yet but if that offense can show it is more that a hot streak, and Grossman can stay healthy (finally). I don't know why they won't be seen as the best team in the NFC, if not the NFL.

OK,

Sounds good, but I will hold off booking the South Beach suite just yet. I hear that some people here are buying Super Bowl ticket "futures" don't know what they are but they sound expensive. I agree that it could come down to a date with Mr. McNabb and I still have bad memories of a game a while ago vs the birdies. Windy

Even if Grossman goes down, at least this year they have a solid backup in Griese. A lot better than what they had last year in Orton.

I didnt think they were that good last year and I am not impressed so far this year. They barely beat the Vikes and Seattle is a HUGE question mark this year.

The way they have been winning is impressive, but it is a long season and they havent really had a good test yet.

I still think that Philly and Carolina have a better shot at the Superbowl. I have nothing against the Bears and would like to see them do it, but I think it is too early to crown them champions.

BTW-if I was a gambling man, I would take them every week. Gotta love the way they go for the throat and pour it on when they can.

Quote:

I am not impressed so far this year. They barely beat the Vikes

But DaveB, they were playing in the "House of Pain" a.k.a Metrodome. Its a difficult place to play with the artificially pumped noise on third downs and the athlete friendly super turf for a playing surface.

Plus you can use a number of other popular sports cliches:

Two teams that don't like each other.

Throw the records out the window.

Irrisistable force meets imovable object.

Northen division collison.

The team is 5-0, as a Bears fan I am impressed, how many teams are undefeated in the NFL, three? I know they have not played the cream of the crop yet, but it is the NFL and there are plenty of opportunities to lose against bad teams.

I am also skeptical too, but I'll enjoy the ride while they are winning.

So then the only question is...

WHY ARE THEY ONLY 10.5 POINT FAVORITES THIS WEEK?

They are going up against a QB making his second start of his career, their number one star is out of the game. Why is the line not 14+ ? I have a bad feeling, do the bookies know something that we don't? I guess I should just swallow hard and bet it all on DA BEARS! Windy

I'm guessing because the game is at AZ. Doesn't the home team usually get -3? Change the location to Chicago and it probably is a 13.5 spread.

This weekends game is a real test for Matt Leinart. I think the Bears D will get to him quite a bit. Don't start him if you have him on your fantasy football squad!

I don't think the oddsmakers know anything we don't but are saying they need be convinced the Bears impressive offense is here to stay before they start getting two TD spreads. If I was a confident Bears fan, I would start making some money before the bookmakers figure it out that they are for real and start giving them the huge spreads.

OK,

Time to drop a box of Ziti on DA BEARS and see what happens!

Windy

They are for real. They have a passing game now to go along with the running game that was great last year. Their defense is steller again giving up what 36pts in 5 games and the team is leading the NFL in scoring with 156pts.

Well, I went w/ Grossman instead of Bulger. So instead of an easy victory, I need 3 TDs or 2 TDs and 300 yards out of Grossman.

DOH!

Go Bears! Air Chicago!

Well, I think if the cardinals performance against them so far in the first half of the Monday night game is any indication, Grossman is as lucky as I called him after they beat my Vikes... we drooped atleast four interceptions and they barely beat us... it looks like Grossman is paying for his mistakes tonight! Like I said before, I'm NOT sold on them!! But I like watching Bears fans drool and break out there SB shuffle tapes from the '86 team. They are still a good team, just not what everybody is making them out to be... the cream will rise to the top later in the year... watch out for the Giants.... it's just a feeling

All I can say is ....Wow!

I'm going to bed, I'm spent.

Windy

We should have warned Arizona ownership about Denny Green...His teams can blow any lead. Flashbacks of fatty in purple at the end of that game.

What's amazing Strato is that the Bears did not score an offensive touchdown in the game! Defense and special teams accounted for all 21 points to win the game, amazing! Thank you Denny, maybe he is wearing purple and gold undies under his cardinal red. Windy

That made my top five strangest games I have ever watched. I've only seen a couple teams choke away a game like that. Or the better team found a way to win again. Matter of perspective I guess. The Bears are definitely for real, but this was the Rex Farve performance I have been expecting for a month. Grossman is a risk taker and he finally ran out of luck. He did not look like a QB capable of navigating two or three playoff games tonight.

Can you imagine the comments from all the fantasy players about ole Rexxy's performance tonight??? Hoo-Eee!

Windy

Wow is all I can say about the game last night, that is why the Bears are the best team in the league. I thought forsure the game was over at 1/2 time but this is the NFL and anything can happen. Yes, Grossman killed me last night fanasty wise, I had to start him because of Favre being on a bye. But the Bears defense got me a ton of points. Boy I saw Denny's news conference and was he pissed, yelling and screaming I loved it.

The horseshoe the Bears have pulled from way up in there came up big again, thats twice this year! Two thoughts, one on a positive tone, teams of destiny win games they have no right winning 2. (somebody else mentioned) with Grossman at QB they will not go through the playoffs and super bowl without him doing that against a team that can take advantage of his absolutely horrible decisions! The cardinals also dropped atleast one easy interception! They can't count on luck to keep winning and in general they looked and played crappy, da bears are the most overrated team in the NFL hands down! They should have two losses and be looking at Griese at the starter, instead they have their fans thinking SB and nobody is talking about Griese... the clock is ticking in Chicago on Grossman.