• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yamaha F8MLHD

Fishing Junky

Question

Howdy Guys. I'm looking at possibly getting this model for a kicker on my boat. I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure what model this is? In otherwords what does the letters in F8MLHD stand for? Thanks for any help, Junky..

6 answers to this question

I believe the code is: Manual tilt manual start (non electric start), Long Shaft, Handle (Tiller model), and D is for model year 2005.

marine_man

You are absolutly correct MM. Just talked to a dealer and he said just that. Thanks for your response. Junky.....

If i"m not mistaking this is also called a T8 which is what I have been using the last couple of years, mine is the tiller,electric start with tilt. Great motor

Mag. The T8 is the high thrust model. The F8 is the regular version. The T8 is suppose to be an awesome motor. I did however, purchase the F8 today. I don't need the high thrust version, so the F8 should do for me. Hence all the items I have for sale in the for sale forum. grin.gif