• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

grouse hunting

i'm going up on thursday to do some fishing and was thinking of putting in the shotgun. Is there a lot of state land to hunt around baudette or would i be wasting my time. with the # up this year it should be good just wondering if i would be able to find spots to hunt.

Re: Public Land

The two largest state forests in Minnesota are located just south of Baudette, several hundred thousand acres in total. That's the good news the better news is the bird count is up this year. Bring your shotgun and good luck.

Ol Sneller

Nitebite,

I had the same idea, We spent so much time on the water never had the time to drive south of Baudette to hit the state forest. If you can get your fish right away you can probably find some time to hunt. Good Luck!

Thanks Guys, I'm planning on trying it on saturday. Is the state land alot of swamps or is there good high ground?