• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any body know what hapened to Pelican lake near Ashby ? used to be good fishing Even the sun fish are gone . I tryed some other local lakes and did well so it's not like I have gas on my bait or some thing . RR

We go every spring, and then in fall, so not up all the time. But this spring (2nd weekend) we did pretty poor. One thing we noticed, is that there were TONS of perch all along the shoreline. Never had seen them that thick before. We did get some nice 17-19" fish though.

Haven't caught a nice crappie in several years, but used to find them pretty regularly. Not sure what happened. Usually for wallaye or crappie, when we do catch fish from Pelican they are very nice sized, but not many of them. A few years ago they were all medium to small, but caught tons of them.

Fall we hunt up there and fish on nice afternoons smile.gif Stay at Ashby resort.

Quote:

We go every spring, and then in fall, so not up all the time. But this spring (2nd weekend) we did pretty poor. One thing we noticed, is that there were TONS of perch all along the shoreline. Never had seen them that thick before. We did get some nice 17-19" fish though.

Haven't caught a nice crappie in several years, but used to find them pretty regularly. Not sure what happened. Usually for wallaye or crappie, when we do catch fish from Pelican they are very nice sized, but not many of them. A few years ago they were all medium to small, but caught tons of them.

Fall we hunt up there and fish on nice afternoons
smile.gif
Stay at Ashby resort.

Yes, they were scattered this year, but big.

I got a 15" Crappie this year. Things are slow because of the perch though.

It takes work, but that's half the fun.

My father in law got a cabin on the lake 5 years a go in the last 5 years it's been the best walleye fishing I have seen any where it was hot and heavy form opener to abought 4 july and pick up when it cooled down . I kind of exspectid the walleye to slow down at some point but the lack of hamer handles and sun fish realy has me worryed . We have got some big ones this year all so but you have to work for them and no small ones I see in 2005 the DNR has put 3600000 Waleye fry in the lake so hopfuly those black flying rats dont eat all of them . Thanks for the info guys good luck . RR

We (My fater inlaw) has a place on Pelican and this is the worst year we have ever had fishing. We like to fish large mouth alot and only caught one all season. The walleyes we caught were not in the normal places we usually catch them. We gave up and started fishing some of the other lakes around and did very well, but never did find out what was wrong with Pelican.

• 2 months later...