• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Which day this week

What's the better...um..sick day this week. The day it's raining and snowing or the day after? As the forcast stands now I'm thinking of taking Wednesday off.

Well...If I were you, I'd come down with more than just a flu bug and take both days off grin.gif Maybe get pneumonia or strep throat???

Ironman, If I could pick a day to come down with scaup-itis I would pick Thursday, give the stiff NW winds another day to move some birds. Either day looks great though, rain, sleet, and wind.....perfect. I will be out thursday and friday, save some for me. Good luck

if you want to take a couple of days off, i would try tomm. you can get a lot of birds right before the front passes through. remember if its so bad out there you dont want to be out there the ducks dont either. there is a book called duck hunting in the 20 or 21 cententry (sp?) by 2 guys from wisc. you can get it from the local lib. good detail on when to hunt as fronts come through. big changes in the pressure are good signs. try to go just berfore the pressure drops (tomm) and after it settles thrus. hope this helps and good luck.

Im going to take off a couple hours from work wed and thurs morning , The uglier the weather the better I like it, The birds seem to decoy better when the weathers nasty.

Well, the forcasts hour by hour, for now anyways is saying rain should be changing to snow right about shooting hours. So I think I'll be going tomorrow. I anticipate..or rather hope for a good shoot. Btw, I have an open seat if anyone is interested. Nice blind, around 50 dekes, boat and motor. Shoot an email..I'll check it tonight. dlluginbill @ aol . com

I've already switched with a fellow worker,I don't have to be until 12:00 thursday and work till 7:00 not a bad option to have when mother nature throws us a curve ball like this weather front.

I got out this morning, planned on staying out till about 11 had 3 ducks by 7;15, 3 mallards came into decoys had there wings locked and i only dropped 1 should have had all 3 but screwed up on other 2, concentrating to much on the one i shot to make sure I didnt loose it in weeds, Also 2 wood duck foolishly commited to the decoys. Good morning glad I decided go. Im going again thurs morning,