• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fire Gardy

IFallsRon

Another Gardy team that wasn't ready for the playoffs yet reports are that he'll get a three-year extension at $1.75 mil a year. That means he'll keep hillbillies Anderson, Liddle and that guy at first base who the boys hand their gloves.

Here here IFalls,

I'll second that motion. Fire Gardy! Hire Dusty!

Windy

It was a team effort. They all sucked. But hey, you gotta end the season playing just as hard as you started it, and they sure did that, LOL. Did I mention, Go Tigers!

Yeah Anderson is a hillbilly who deserves to be fired. Oh wait he only has the BEST starter in the League along with the BEST bullpen in the league. They don't get that way and stay that way by mere chance.

I do feel that much of playoff blame can go to

Gardenhire, for not getting his team up, not playing the guys that got you there, and making some bone head decisions that almost made it seem like he himself wasn't quite prepared to make game situation decisions. Yet I think he should be the AL coach of the year and don't want to see him or Anderson leave.

gardy wasn't swinging the bats for these guys. the blame goes directly to the offense. what were they with runners in scoring position?

thats baseball... detroit plays terrible down the stretch and everyone writes them off. they were supposed to get swept by the yankees. a yankees team with the best lineup in history possibly.

Quote:

gardy wasn't swinging the bats for these guys. the blame goes directly to the offense. what were they with runners in scoring position?

thats baseball... detroit plays terrible down the stretch and everyone writes them off. they were supposed to get swept by the yankees. a yankees team with the best lineup in history possibly.

Weren't you guys roasting Ozzie about two weeks ago for allowing his team to give up? It was manager, manager, manager...That's all I heard. Even though I said it was the players who pitch and hit and they should take the blame. Shoe's on the other foot now. I still blame the players. I was just adding a little fuel to the fire in my calling for Gardy's head.

"Things that make you go...HMMM? Windy

wow all you guys can complain about gardy, heck i would of point my fingers at the players and gardy, they're hearts wernt into the playoffs. gardy needs to be the coach, hes done a heck of a job so far ever since hes been with the team. how many divison champs has he won with the team?? oh wait you guys probally now will say its not him that won it its the team. so when it comes down the team losen its his fault and when it comes down to the team wining its all the players. hes part of the team and the way i see it, its as much of his fault as much as the players fault too.

Yes, terrible job by Gardy taking a team that was 22-33 and winning the division. He really stinks??????

You guys have too much Steinbrenner mentality!!!

Okay, I agree with Sledneck!! He who thinks Gardy should be fired is way too medicated!! or maybe not medicated enough! confused.gif

find a coach that has a cure for nerves and playoff inexperience and I will take him over gardy

until then I say we stick with him

How bout Joe Torre, Buzz? I think he will be looking after today, from what the papers are saying. Windy

Get real!!!

There is nothing wrong with Gardy. Nobody in MLB consistently gets more from his players than Gardy. How many teams were in the playoffs that had a starting staff full of rookies and a lineup with all kinds of AAA players?

By the way Rick Anderson is one of the best if not the best pitching coaches EVER in baseball. You are on drugs.

Quote:

How bout Joe Torre, Buzz? I think he will be looking after today, from what the papers are saying. Windy

Are you serious windy? Torre asks for more money a year than a majority of the twins players. I want to see the day that the twins pay a manager 7 million a year. crazy.gif

Joe Torre is to baseball coaching what Phil Jackson is to coaching basketball.... these guys get teams that are loaded and run with them. I'll take Gardy over Torre, thank you very much.

But I'd take Torre over Ozzie Guillen all day long!! Whatcha think of them apples Windy? I mean a third place finish for a team expected to repeat has to be disappointing. You wouldn't get all that crazy talk from Torre as you do with Guillen... basically a more level clubhouse. It might be what the White Sox need to compete again next year.

I think the Twins have a lot of things going for them. Liriano, Santana are top tier pitchers and the rest of the starters should also do well next year. M&M, Cuddy, and Castillo are all solid. We even got great play from Bartlett, Tyner, and Punto which I think surprised a lot of people.

As the Skipper, Gardy had a lot to do with that. I respect him as a coach, however we seem to have a Denny Green-like thing going on. Great teams during the regular season that can't seem to compete in the play-offs. Now don't get me wrong, I don't equate the two -- I have much more respect for Gardy. But at some point we have say we can do better. Maybe he gets 1-2 more years and then it's time to try someone else.

Just tryin to be topical guys, don't go postal on me!!! Geez. LOL

Windy

Quote:

But I'd take Torre over Ozzie Guillen all day long!! Whatcha think of them apples Windy?

No response or did you miss my question? grin.gif

Windy will never openly admitt that he agrees with any of us so i would take his silence as an sign of agreement.

Torre is a better manager the Ozzie hands down, Ozzie knows baseball but not how to manage players. Torre has had to manage a team of allstar egos for years and he has do it well.

Torre doesn't do anything IMO. He is managing a team of superstars. Nothing he does or doesn't do has any effect on that team.

Of course this is only my point of view.

It isnt Gardy they should dump its that clown Ryan boy what a garage sale junkie first Battista,Seirra,and goof ball White that cant hit without playing the field yea right then he brings that goof ball Nevin in what is that all about Ryans the one that has to go.

With the budget that tightwad Pohlad gives Ryan I think he's got to be a miracle worker to even put a competitive team on the field let alone a division champ. No other big time GM would even touch this team with Pohlad's budget constraints on them...

Things could always be worse. In my opinion, Gardy has done an outstanding job with this team. Most of this team has been built from minor league players. He seems to get the rookies to produce. He had no hesitation to bench and send to minor league the big money players like Lohse, Silva, Rivas, etc. in the past.

Leave it to Mitty to harp on Ryan. Terry Ryan is widely considered to be one of the best general managers in all of baseball. He puts a competetive team on the field every year despite not getting competetive money from Pohlad at times. He did sign a few players that turned out to be less then expected, but thats the case with every team in baseball. I choose to look at the players he has gotten that have been way more then expected and he got them at affordable prices.

Also in defense of Rondell White, alot of players are not able to pick up the DH role easily. Some guys need the routine of playing in the field. One such guy is Shannon Stewart, he just can't hit in the DH spot, never could and probably never will.

In general Mitty your complaints are so bizarre and contrary to any rational thought that it makes it really hard to take you seriously. I assume you are just trying to get a reaction out of us, I hope you are enjoying it.

Get rid of Ryan???? I'll have what Mittys havin.

The payroll that Ryan is given to work with pretty much consists of 5 bucks and a pack of smokes so he can't go buy other teams good players like NY can. Trade and develop through the minor leagues is his deal and so far it's worked pretty darn well.

Sorry Mitty, but I am going to have to pile on with this one also. Ryan did make his mistakes but who wouldn't when you have a garage sale budget. Here are some other garage sale items he picked up that were not drafted by the team.

Santana

Bonser

Nathan

Liriano

Tyner

Stewart

Reyes

Redmond

Punto

Silva (he has more good years than bad)

Castillo

That is all I got off the top of my head.

I'll come to Mitty's defense..... tongue.gif What you guys don't know is that he was under heavy medication the day he wrote that statement, you see Ambien and Jack Daniels had a negative impact on his cerebral cortex and he would like to retract any negative comments towards Terry Ryan as well as let everybody know he is feeling better and will post again shortly. tongue.gif

I'm a TR backer too, but I think more credit needs to go to our scouts and minor league directors/managers/coaches/etc. They are the guys that are out there watching, signing, coaching, and developing the young studs that we see on the field today.

No other team in recent memory had churned out more good players from within their system than the Twins. TR and the boys are doing something right.

You guys by all accounts are in the toughest division in baseball with a powerful young nucleus of talent that I see in the long run paying off in a big way. This is an outsider looking in. If I'm a Twins fan I am amped up for 2007 season to get underway. Stay the course and rely on your young horses they will develop that swagger. The post season although it was a quick exit I see entirely way more positives overall for next season and they will be more hungry to atone for there first round bump in the road. Keep your heads up you don't need much at all and in the heart department these kid's showed it big time. It's a tough division, the toughest in baseball. Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, Cleveland and even the Royals that showed improvement late. To come out of that division with a title from as many games as you guys were back before the break is a feat that is rarely witnessed. Twins fans should be licking there chops for 2007 season to start, this could be the fruition year for them.