• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Arden hills youth hunt ?

birdswacker

A buddies kid got picked for the youth hunt at the arden hills armory. Anyone hunt or been in there? We know where he should set up. We drove around it and kinda scouted you can see the hills trees pond so we have an idea of what it looks like. Any extra info would be great its his kids first big bow hunt the kid past up 3 small 6 pts. already waiting for arden hills.

Some big deer in that area. I drive by it every morning, wishing I had a youth to take hunting! I routinely see 4-5 deer walking the roads in the stretch paralelling Cty Road I. I've seen (a couple times) a buck that looks to be at least 140". Last time it had it's nose in a tree, so I couldn't count points (especially at 45 mph!). It seems to be at least an 8 pt., but I'm leaning towards 10. Anyway, hope your buddies kid has a blast. Post pics if he arrows the big one.

Birdswacker:

Send him my way. I've done quite a bit of field-work out there relating to my job. I'll be able to help out as I've spent many hours out there driving around and working.

I'm envious. I saw the largest buck of my life out there two years ago. The thing was an even 12 that probably taped around 24+ inches wide, and heavy the whole way through. I got to watch it for about 2 minutes, and it ended up about 15 yards from me before it saw me. Never saw him again.

Email is in the signature,

Joel