• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Art Barbarians

2006 Waterfowl Photo Contest

trailratedtj

we were 3 short of our duck limit. there was a total of 4 of us. one buddy just didnt make the picture.

buzzsaw

Calling it a day....

headingout2jk7.jpg

chefjim

This was friday hunted the river in sleet and snow. lots of birds and they all worked

nov06025if4.jpg

buzzsaw

Tag team ~ dynamic duo ~ goose take down!

buddysretrieving2rg8.jpg

Here comes Loki!!

hereicome2qz3.jpg

Loki with a mouthful and very determined.

lokiwithmouthful2bw9.jpg

Can I help?

canihelp2ma6.jpg

fishhawk1750

2 girls 2 boys

101_0406.jpg

Gordie

Buzzsaw you take some awsome pics. I just dont have that photographer intsinct like that. nice job. maybe some day

buzzsaw

Elwood, that was kind to say, Thank you! I was out again and here is Buddy with a retrieve.

buddyonbird2qx0.jpg

so haaad

Yeah Buzzsaw, great pictures. That one picture of Loki going after the goose is awesome. It really shows Loki's emotion. It brings back some great memories of a past lab/retriever we had, so thanks.

fishkid
kwackkillcrew.jpg

buzzsaw

Too nasty to shoot!

femalehoodieleading2gz2.jpg

Too far away to shoot! frown.gif

bluebillpairgs7.jpg

Just shoot me!!

bwtupclose2ul6.jpg

Dean Schellinger

Awesome pics buzzsaw! When were those taken?

Sartell Angler

here are a couple from my SD trip (pheasant hunt)

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

Nova

my son with a couple nice golden eyes

joshwithwhitswl2.jpg

Flick

Some from earlier in the season

Like redneck Foiles would say, "We Won"

wewon.jpg

Flick

"Band Day"

bandday.jpg

shae1986

Very nice Matt

You should have seen the ducks and geese on the lake this past weekend. We found a corn field where they were going and sat there and nothing. Went and checked the lake and they were all gone. Oh well, but i put away the decoys on sunday, so i think i might be done for the season. Time to chase deer and yotes.

A. Shae

Flick

Yea stuff is definitely shifting around on some of these cold nights. I saw one roost go from about 3K honks to 100 in like 2 days. Too bad you guys didnt get into any the other day.

Dont put away the decoys yet! Still plenty of open water and birds around. We're not going to SD until the week after Thanksgiving. It might get real ugly in a hurry down there.

Shae-I'll post up our opener pics one of these days. Just haven't gotten around to scanning them. Give me a ring if you guys find a big feed. Later

Fish&Fowl

Awesome pics Sartell. Where in SD were you? We'll be going on our annual pheasant hunt near Aberdeen the week after thanksgiving. We saw some tornadoes of mallards and quite a few geese last year, but nothing like that. It's hard to concentrate on roosters when you've got that going on.

This is kind of off topic, but how was the pheasant hunting? grin.gif

Sartell Angler

F&F- thanks for the compliment. We stayed 2 nights in Aberdeen and one in Webster. Our group consisted of 6 guys and 5 dogs and overall we did fairly well considering we only hunted public land--not all of us shot our limits but we had a good time.

I would avoid hunting NW of Aberdeen due to very dry conditions. Also, it seems like the Walk-In areas in this part of the state were all baled and now they are basically just pasture. I would stay south of Aberdeen if I were you.

Watching ducks/geese was half of the reason I went in the first place. My ND trip fell through because of such and early freeze up up there so I was pumped to be able to watch flock after flock of birds come over while out stomping for roosters. Would have been nice to hunt waterfowl out there but I'm going to hit it pretty hard around here for the remainder of the regular and late seasons. I definitely caught the pheasant bug though--considering heading back out to SD Dec.20-23rd for the second part of my license. We'll see though.

Good luck out there and don't spend all your time at The Body Shop in 'deen.

SA/wdw

Fish&Fowl

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear you had a good time and got some birds. I'll be sure to let the rest of the crew know a little more about what it's like out there. We got some connections for a lot of private land out there near Leola through my uncle. Hopefully we can find some cover holding those big roosters. There will be 6-7 of us and 3 dogs. Should be a great time as always, I'll get some pics and hopefully get 'em on here.

Good luck in the last of the waterfowling, always the saddest time of the year frown.gif

hobbydog

Now that the season is wound down for me and I have had time to go through some pics. My camera was giving me some problems this year so did not get as many pics as I would have liked.

spread.jpg

sunrise.jpg

honks.jpg

evening_color.jpg

bud.jpg

bag_limits.jpg

buzzsaw

Well we got a pass for a Thanksgiving morning hunt and was it ever foggy in the east metro. We travel a fair distance to get to the area we like to hunt and it was nearly impossible finding our location without following the lansdscape of the land. With that being said, all parties did not agree which direction to go so we waited it out for a bit on a small island... that didn't last to long once the ducks started flying... a few images from the "event"

Waiting and wondering.

foggedinandnotmoving2bz5.jpg

cruisingintheheavyfog2hr4.jpg

Finally getting the dekes out (LATE) blush.gif

runningdekes2nc9.jpg

And since we had time to kill, a few images during the downtime.

mistymorning2le7.jpg

northlakesunrise2dp2.jpg

and if we could have shot straight, I could have shown some pics, that didn't happen. shocked.gif

ChuckN

Snapped a few pictures from my final weekend of the '06 season.

Chasing down a cripple

Duckhunts06_0321.jpg

Brrrr...it's cold

Duckhunts06_0381.jpg

Season's over

Duckhunts06_0271.jpg

Flick

Hobby, Buzz, and Chuck I know it's been said before but those really are some awesome pics. Someday when I have money I'll get a nice digital.

Mark Christianson

Hey Flick, some day when Chuck gets some money, he'll own that motor in those pics! LOL

Inside joke. But I must say, without that motor he woulda been bellied up at a bar somewhere instead of hunting. blush.gif

Great GREAT pics guys! I just told a buddy tonight that I picked one heck of year to focus on bowhunting versus duck hunting..... NOT!

Sartell Angler

here's a purty one from Sunday mornin':

IMG_1429.jpg

buzzsaw

Thanks Flick! The feedback is always nice. smile.gif More scenes.........

greenheadheadshot2aq4.jpg

buddysittingpretty2yv8.jpg

lokiwithwatchfuleye2lz4.jpg

Diver Row on a way too calm morning!

diverrow2ix9.jpg

Loki on the Mallard retrieve.

lokitakingdrakemallard2jc9.jpg

mallarddrakeonberetta2pl4.jpg

Flick

Buzz the reflection in that mallards eye is crazy. It looks like you can see two scenes in it. Pretty cool.

tyler gilbert

Now that hunting season is over I decided to get on some fishing forums so here I am in the hunting section. Anyways those are some sweet pics guys. Here's a couple more for you.

all114.jpg

ndak004.jpg

all112.jpg

Picture002.jpg