• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2006 Deer Hunting Photo Contest

Art Barbarians

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• harvey lee

• doser

• Mark Christianson

Thought I might start things off...this was my first archery deer ever, and first deer period! I shot her opening morning at 17 yards, just a nice-sized doe.

8870DSCF0723edit.JPG

Here's a little guy I removed from the city of Duluth. Just doing my part to help with the crowd control. wink.gif

s5030551pt3.jpg

A great memory from this hunt is that this little guy was the first deer taken with my new bowtech. While practicing the day before opener my old bow blew up so I raced out and bought a new one. I became confident shooting with it that same day and after the season started I made a perfect shot on a tasty deer.

hunterdeer-1.jpg

Hunter's 2nd deer with me, but the first one he got to see the whole thing. I don't know who was more excited, him or me!

I watched this deer for 3 weeks prior to Michigan's Archery Season. Opening morning he came in at 6:50AM but didn't give me a shot. Opening night he came through at 6:10PM gave me a quartering away shot at 15 yds, I stuck him good and watched him go down about 40 yds later. I dont know how to score a buck and I dont think it scores that much but it would be interesting to find out some day. It has a 16.75 inside spread and it's longest G2 is 9".

It was a 9 pointer and dressed out at 202 lbs.

HPIM0126.jpg

This is my sons first deer, shot during the Wisconsin youth hunt. Nice little 6 pointer. he's a little excited. But so was dad! grin.gif

100_1123.jpg

congratulations to a future/current hunter...that is an experience he will never forget and neither will you...great job!

Here's a picture of a doe I harvested tonight! Beautiful shot placed right into her boiler room. She bled out and found her about 60 yards from where the arrow passed through. I love Montec G5 broadheads! grin.gif

dscf2483cx2.jpg

Seeing the 2006 contest it reminded me who was last years winner? I don't remember ever seeing the winner posted.

Not a deer but a buck all the same

jasoncroppedmediumsl8.jpg

Let me guess...Browning White Gold Medallion.... .270...

If not it looks like one...I used to have the 7MM and I couldn't bring myself to drag it through the woods/field any longer traded it in and got the Stainless Stalker which I don't worry about getting banged around.

Nice animal!

Can only one pic per person be submitted or is there no limit? I posted one earlier to add to the thread but plan on taking a huge buck and another doe and am wondering if that would be alright to submit them as well. I'll still post the pics just wondering for the contest part. Good luck to everyone! Keep it going!

Quote:

Let me guess...Browning White Gold Medallion.... .270...

If not it looks like one...I used to have the 7MM and I couldn't bring myself to drag it through the woods/field any longer traded it in and got the Stainless Stalker which I don't worry about getting banged around.

Nice animal!

Yes it is a .270 White Gold Mediallion. I bought it knowing how I was going to use it. I don't like banging it around but I expected it too. I have had it about 5 years and it has done really well for me.

Quote:

Great character on him as well. Is he going on the wall?

Dave Frank

Yes he is going on the wall. The really cool thing about him is that he has a double set of horns. He has some about 1" tall horns behind his main set. Pretty neat the guy whos land we were on said he had never seen that before. You can see the pictures of the double horns in the North Dakota forum.

Quote:

Can only one pic per person be submitted or is there no limit? I posted one earlier to add to the thread but plan on taking a huge buck and another doe and am wondering if that would be alright to submit them as well. I'll still post the pics just wondering for the contest part. Good luck to everyone! Keep it going!

As far as I know you can submit as many as you like.

Finally got the lap top back, so I can finally post some pics from wyoming mule deer hunting this year.

wyoming2006006ly5.jpg

I shot this 5x5 mule deer on 1 Oct, at 150 yds with a .270 Savage, using Winchester 130 gr nosler ballistic tips.

wyoming2006012ms8.jpg

This is Jeff's 5x4, shot Oct 1 in Wyoming of this year. He was using his T/C Encore, fitted with a 7mm mag barrel.

wyoming2006015fc0.jpg

This is my brother Ben with is 4x4 shot 2 Oct in Wyoming. He was using his Remington .243.

benandycoyotesid9.jpg

Here's cousin Andy, and brother Ben with 2 coyotes shot on the last day of our mule deer hunt.

I'll throw my pictures up as well. Killed 10/19/2006 at Camp Ripley.

8 Point weighing in at 170# field dressed.

Weapon of choice:

Hoyt Trykon

Easton A/C/C tipped with Muzzy 100 grain MX-4's.

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

This is my fiancé's first deer ever and her first year bow hunting (first year shooting a bow). The deer went maybe 70 yards!

Date: 10\19\2006 @ 5:35pm

Weapon: Mathews Mustang (you couldn't tell could ya!)

Score: Memory that will last us (me especially) a lifetime!

Annie_Buck1.jpg

Congrats on the buck.That score I bet you will never beat including any buck you personally shoot.

Great photo. cool.gif Looks like a Mathews ad.

MNdeerhunter,very nice big buck. smile.gif

Well the contest might as well be over!!! I think Scott's photo of his fiances going to be the big winner. Congrats on her first deer Scott you should be proud.

This is my son first buck with a bow. He is 14 years old hope I posted pic correct. Scored 120 not huge but very proud of him. Went less then 50 yds

Nic bucks 004

Real nice buck fishermn! Where about in the state did you harvest that bruiser?