• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

pakrat

First time posting ! Hey everyone !

Thought I might throw one out there about Clitherall Lake . My wife and I have been coming up to Ottertail Co. nearly twice a year ( early June & mid to late Sept. ) for more than 10 years . We have stayed on a few different lakes over time ( Dead , East Battle , now Clitherall ) . We have enjoyed great fishing on all but I guess what my main question is about the walleye fishing on Clitherall . Is the lake considered a good lake for walleye ? I see many people that stay at the same resort as us never put the boat in there and go to other lakes such as Ottertail , Rush & who knows where else . Since registering on this forum I have been reading alot about the different options I would have as far as lakes go ,and the tactics that seem to be recommended and most seem to point to OT . I have attempted one time last June only once but was very windy as I know how it can be there and we opted to try another lake . We try to do alot of the "right things" for the eyes

(trolling cranks , jigging , crawler harness , live rigs ...) but with limited success . Though our trips are done for this year , I just wanted to get some thoughts about Clitherall to keep me thinking ahead for next time up . Good luck to everyone !!

MercMan

Pakrat, I have fished Clitherall over 30 years. Do a search using "MercMan" and you will come up with a bunch of posts I did regarding fishing this lake. It's a tough lake to fish walleyes and you have to be there at the right time. There is no better lake for clean water and recreation, though. Growing up on the lake, we had a ton of fun swimming, skiing, sailing, and just being on the water.

pakrat

Thanks Merc for your reply . I have looked over your other posts from before and couldn't agree more with what was being discussed there . We fish quite a bit in the SW area of the lake , and have encountered much the same results . One thing I will say that may have not been so clear in my first messsage was that we have been on the lake now for about 5 years . I just wanted to get a few more walleye from there , but if needed I may try other options that may ( or not ) be better for us . One note I will mention though is that we do keep alot of rock bass , I have an endless pit that wants them any way (more crappie , bass , panfish , northern , perhaps a WALLEYE for me and the wife ).

I did see some things on the smallmouth in the lake , and I can say personally we have caught our share of them . I have caught 2 - 4 Lb. fish and the wife had 2 - 3 Lb. fish . They are there Scenic Point on the north side rock piles . Good luck to everyone again !!!