• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

16ft boat this weekend & location?

Blackeagle

I am headed up their tommorow night through Saturday night to do some trolling. The weather is predicting 15-20mph S/SE winds up their as of now. My boat is a 16ft Mr.Pike with a 35hp on it. My plan was to fish over on the west side shallow rocks, but with these wind my I feel my boat may be unsafe. Where on the south end would you recommend fishing with the setup I have? I am looking to be trolling in the 4-10 ft range.

Also, where should I launch?

Thanks in Advance!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll be out in my 16 Predator on the southern half of the west side. Based on the forecasts I've checked it looks like the wind will lay down a bit by dusk. Time will tell I guess. If it doesn't the south side out of Wahkon or Isle has good structure close to shore. I would avoid the rtwin island area as it's quite trecherous when the water levels are normal. Although I'm not sure what shape the boat launches are in with the lower water levels there.

I cant help you on the south side this time of year. The wind direction will dictate everything. If its more of a southern direction the west side bays shouldnt be too out of control.