• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tjm

Guess this bucks score winner isssssssssss

tjm

Shikellamy

is the winner((((( CONGRATS )))) E-mail me at tjmalaskan

atyahoo

(Contact Us Please)

Number of Points: 8

Greatest Spread: 27 1/8 inches

Total Deductions: 9 inches

Final Score: 181 5/8

Take the 9 off will give you the green net score.After dry time it's going to be close if he makes the book or not

I'll make a call and see if i can post some pics (now)

tjm

I was amazed at how many close guesses there actualy was.I guessed this buck at 184-185 gross and 169-171 net after dry time.I'm going to hit the dry time period score but was a lil off on the gross when me and Extreme were talking about the pic.Extreme was actualy right on the money when he guessed this buck i about put a load in my shorts when i scored the buck i was just a 1/2" off doing it myself free hand and counting it in my head as i ran the tape.So good guess Extreme

I talk to lots of guys who say they shot a 150 class 220lb deer.1st of all it takes a nice deer to hit 150 then to hit 220lb down in this area is kinda far fetched when i hear it everyday during the gun season.Then when i see the deer it's a 120" 175lb deer.Feels like 300lbs when your draggin the deer but it takes a darn big deer to hit 200lbs down here

So when i was looking at the scores i figured i was going to see all kinds of scores well over 200".I have seen a couple over 200 on the hoof in the wild.Thats an elk standing out in the field at 200" or it looks like a tree.This deer had the main frame to be much more then what he is just think if he was a 12 or more like the milo hansen buck.He would rate right up there next to it

So i wanna thank everyone who took a good solid guess and say wow i am impressed that people actualy know how to score a buck

I'm working on getting pics up as soon as i can.I'm probly more excited to put them up then anyone wanting to look at it.

For some reason Shikellamy dont contact me or backs out i'll take the 2 people who 1st guessed 181 4/8 & 181 6/8

Shikellamy

TJM

I posted at the end of the other thread. You definitely have mail!!!!!!!

I just want to say thanks. I don't think I've ever won any sort of contest before. I am a regular guy who usually hunts deer by myself on public lands. I only have 2 small bucks to my name. I can't believe I might have an opportunity to see a buck even close to this...let alone get a shot at one. Holy friggin wow. I HOPE we can make this work...believe me, I will be plenty flexible wink.gif

Thanks again for this contest and once in a lifetime opportunity as far as I am concerned.

My contact info is

Landon.Godley@NashFinch.com

or

LTGodley@NetZero.net

nitroant

Runners up prizes for only being of by 1/8"???

Sportland_Bait

TJM, I know what you are saying about people talking about the deer they shoot. When we would register deer in our Buck contest, everyone that shot an 8 point thought they had a 200 pounder. Most were 175-180 lbs. How old do you think that buck you shot was? Under good conditions next year do you think it would have scored higher? I'm a rookie at this deer hunting stuff yet but my father in law saw one last season similar to yours about a 1/4 mile from where I hunt so hopefully things go right and it survived the off season.

Jason Erlandson