• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guess this bucks score winner isssssssssss

tjm

Shikellamy

is the winner((((( CONGRATS )))) E-mail me at tjmalaskan

atyahoo

(Contact Us Please)

Number of Points: 8

Greatest Spread: 27 1/8 inches

Total Deductions: 9 inches

Final Score: 181 5/8

Take the 9 off will give you the green net score.After dry time it's going to be close if he makes the book or not

I'll make a call and see if i can post some pics (now)

I was amazed at how many close guesses there actualy was.I guessed this buck at 184-185 gross and 169-171 net after dry time.I'm going to hit the dry time period score but was a lil off on the gross when me and Extreme were talking about the pic.Extreme was actualy right on the money when he guessed this buck i about put a load in my shorts when i scored the buck i was just a 1/2" off doing it myself free hand and counting it in my head as i ran the tape.So good guess Extreme

I talk to lots of guys who say they shot a 150 class 220lb deer.1st of all it takes a nice deer to hit 150 then to hit 220lb down in this area is kinda far fetched when i hear it everyday during the gun season.Then when i see the deer it's a 120" 175lb deer.Feels like 300lbs when your draggin the deer but it takes a darn big deer to hit 200lbs down here

So when i was looking at the scores i figured i was going to see all kinds of scores well over 200".I have seen a couple over 200 on the hoof in the wild.Thats an elk standing out in the field at 200" or it looks like a tree.This deer had the main frame to be much more then what he is just think if he was a 12 or more like the milo hansen buck.He would rate right up there next to it

So i wanna thank everyone who took a good solid guess and say wow i am impressed that people actualy know how to score a buck

I'm working on getting pics up as soon as i can.I'm probly more excited to put them up then anyone wanting to look at it.

For some reason Shikellamy dont contact me or backs out i'll take the 2 people who 1st guessed 181 4/8 & 181 6/8

TJM

I posted at the end of the other thread. You definitely have mail!!!!!!!

I just want to say thanks. I don't think I've ever won any sort of contest before. I am a regular guy who usually hunts deer by myself on public lands. I only have 2 small bucks to my name. I can't believe I might have an opportunity to see a buck even close to this...let alone get a shot at one. Holy friggin wow. I HOPE we can make this work...believe me, I will be plenty flexible wink.gif

Thanks again for this contest and once in a lifetime opportunity as far as I am concerned.

My contact info is

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

TJM, I know what you are saying about people talking about the deer they shoot. When we would register deer in our Buck contest, everyone that shot an 8 point thought they had a 200 pounder. Most were 175-180 lbs. How old do you think that buck you shot was? Under good conditions next year do you think it would have scored higher? I'm a rookie at this deer hunting stuff yet but my father in law saw one last season similar to yours about a 1/4 mile from where I hunt so hopefully things go right and it survived the off season.

Jason Erlandson